Sponsored by:

Start engine light

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:12 AM
ALASKA TT
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start engine light

Have a 2003 TT. MY "START ENGINE LIGHT " COMES ON EVERY MORNING FOR THE FIRST 15 MINUTES OR SO OF DRIVING. YES I SAID DRIVING. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE? I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY PLAYED WITH ALL THE BATTERY CONNECTIONS AND IT STILL DOES IT. aNY SUGGESTIONS?????
Old 05-15-2004, 08:41 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

My examination of the Cayenne Owner's Manual did not result in locating a "Start Engine Light" indicator, on either the instrument panel or the multi-purpose display.

On page 74, the closest I could find on the instrument panel is the Emission Control Warning Light (Check Engine) light.

Starting on page 112 is the listing of instrument panel indicators and multi-purpose display indicators. No match there either.

It the CEL light is illuminated, then the dealership should be able to connect to the vehicle and locate the error code. The only exception would be for an intermittant problem. In that case, if the vehicle experiences more than 50 ignition cycles since the error, then the error is cleared.

My suggestions are to move to a warmer location and to turn the caps lock off, but you do whatever you want.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:40 AM
ALASKA TT
5th Gear

I checked again with the dealer today, they are going to replace the intrument cluster. They said they tried to reprogam it but it would not take. Thank you for your input.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:13 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 580 Posts

Alaska would be a perfect place for a Cayenne! I also frequent the audiworld forums and someone who I believe is also from Anchorage area has shown some great shots of his modded TT coupe in your beautiful scenery... ever going to come down to the 48 on the Alaska Highway??? I've always wanted to drive that! (Visited your state in 1960 when I was a kid- went all the way to Point Barrow. Fantastic state.)
Old 05-28-2004, 04:47 AM
ALASKA TT
5th Gear

Alaska is a great state but I have to say I do get a little tired of the "short summers". The cayenne is a great SUV for the weather here. I can drive it year around which I cant do with my 911 cab. How do you like your mini Cooper S?? I was just looking at them today...online. There is no dealer here. I see you are from Iowa. I lived in and went to school there for four years. Are you familiar with Davenport...quad cities??
almost forgot....the Alaska HWY is a fun drive, unfortunately when I drove it last I did not have my Cayenne.
Good Day

Quick Reply: Start engine light