Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 02:11 PM
rusputtin74
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Cayenne Arm rest patch + Seat Glue issue

Hey Porsche experts!
Can you please recommend me a shop for these:
1) My center arm console padding has a hole and i need to patch that or repair that. I've looked in ebay and nothing there. So want to patch it.
2) Both of my seat glue came off and the hard shell is hanging in the back. Need to get the fixed.
I'm in Gwinnett area. Can you please recommend a place in the area preferably...but someone does hell of a job in other part of Atlanta, I'm willing to go there as well.

Thank you guys!
Old 10-13-2022, 08:28 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,113 Posts

See if DC Automotive or LA Dismantler has a replacement armrest. Might find someone parting a Cayenne in Facebook marketplace too.

For the seat backs, you first need to determine if the plastic clips have just come unglued and separated from the seat back and are still hanging on the metal part of the seat they go over or if the clips actually snapped. If they've just come unglued, buy some 3M panelbond in the plunger tube and mixing ends and reglue them yourself. Once glued and attached, recline the seat onto a ball (like a soccer ball) that's pinched between the seat back and front corner of the rear seat and let it set for 24 hours. The ball will hold it tight.

Quick Reply: 2005 Cayenne Arm rest patch + Seat Glue issue