Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 GTS - What did I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2022 | 06:10 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PanamaGTS
I'm not in the country and it wasn't delivered before I left. I won't have any impressions until next week.

If it doesn't have any problems I think I'll be happy with it. Question now is should I be asking for a partial refund?

I guess my choice of username on this forums is now ironic.
Depends on the car market to an extend. If you were looking for a GTS and paid $8k because you purchase a car that was advertised as a GTS, even though you could've gotten a base for lets say $4k, then you can start that conversation.
If the car was advertised as a base and priced accordingly, then you saw a "GTS" badge in pictures and assumed it was a GTS even though the seller never made such claims, then I don't think you have a case to make.
Lot's of people put "M3" badges on their base 3-series BMW's, so this isn't anything new.
Old 07-11-2022 | 02:49 PM
NelaK
Pro

I'm not in the country and it wasn't delivered before I left. I won't have any impressions until next week.

If it doesn't have any problems I think I'll be happy with it. Question now is should I be asking for a partial refund?

I guess my choice of username on this forums is now ironic.
Has the car been inspected? Was it represented by the dealer as a GTS?

If it was represented as a GTS by the dealer, and it was inspected by the dealer's mechanic or your own then I'd chase after a full rewind of the sale but being open to talking about a partial refund ONLY IF the dealership pays for a proper inspection at a mechanic that isn't so lazy as to misidentify a car. Though personally I suspect that it was just lazy sales people not entering the correct information for the listing.
Old 07-20-2022 | 03:27 AM
PanamaGTS
Track Day

Finally got the car delivered. They put the wrong car on the ad but the correct car in the contract. I'm guessing they copied the VIN data for the contract. On closer inspection it's possible to see the cayanne logo was moved.

I think at this point I need to focus on maintaining the car and getting it fixed than fighting with the dealer.
Old 07-20-2022 | 11:45 AM
slavie
Burning Brakes

So... the car that was delivered, is it a GTS or a base V6? People demand to know. Pictures wouldn't hurt, either.
Old 07-20-2022 | 01:41 PM
PanamaGTS
Track Day

Base v6. I'll upload pictures in a bit.
Old 07-20-2022 | 01:51 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

so...i guess I'm confused. You wanted a GTS and thought you bought a GTS and now you've ended up with a base model, and you're going to just roll with it?
Old 07-20-2022 | 03:35 PM
slavie
Burning Brakes

Base v6. I'll upload pictures in a bit.
Wow, you're gonna have it rough here with that username and a base V6.
Old 07-20-2022 | 06:46 PM
19psi
Three Wheelin'

Finally got the car delivered. They put the wrong car on the ad but the correct car in the contract.
So where were the pictures of the blue Cayenne above coming from? Is that what they sent you or did you end up with something else?
Old 07-26-2022 | 04:26 AM
PanamaGTS
Track Day

Originally Posted by 19psi
So where were the pictures of the blue Cayenne above coming from? Is that what they sent you or did you end up with something else?
that's from the actual car. the photos were in the listing. I'll try to take my own photos when it is sunny outside and share them here.
Old 07-29-2022 | 11:00 AM
Y.Haider
AutoX

This is my GTS, front bumper matches a 957 turbo, there are 2 air intakes instead of just the 1 in the base model Quad exhaust on the GTS compared to the almost oval shaped on the base..

Quick Reply: 2009 GTS - What did I buy?