Sponsored by:

front window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:49 PM
cayenneman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front window tint

I noticed in some pics that guys have tinted the front glass. What percent should I get? I dont want my windows too dark, but Kevins looks perfect? Anyone have any visibility problems?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:52 PM
CWiz
Instructor

talking about kevin´s C-S.. which colour does he have ? the factory metalized black ?
Old 04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

35% grey
Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I called Ferdinand Porsche's grandaughter .... who I use to date... and asked her to go ahead and match my fronts with the rears, hey does that make my S more valuable? Any takers?
Old 05-25-2004, 03:01 AM
beemaze
Instructor

Angry Wife got a fix-it for front side windows tint today

A bit off topic, but it looks like the Kalifornia Highway Patrol are bored and desperate for income. My wife was pulled over for no front plate and the driver/front window tinting which is only 50% grade. We've had no plate and tint on her ML for almost 4 years and never had any problems. All of our autos have tinted driver/front passengers. She wasn't speeding or driving agressively. Just coming home from the mall with the kids. Our local city P.D. patrol our neighborhood frequently and are very agressive at pulling over speeders. Unfortunately, the city we live in is right next to an unicorporated area of L.A. County, so the CHiPs are responsible for that unincorporated stretch of road.

Just letting you guys lucky (or unlucky enough depending on how you look at it) to live in CA to be aware that somebody is actually enforcing the law - no matter how silly it may seem.

I think front-side window tint is a must for privacy, heat/UV, and looks - especially with all fruits/nuts and sunny weather....but I digress....
Old 05-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Is there a Doctor in the house? I believe if you have a Docotrs note stating that the Tint is necessary for your health you can get away with it. I think you can get a doctor to say that your skin is sensitive to sunlight or something. Is there a Doctor in the house that can write me a note incase I get pulled over?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:53 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Originally posted by Itzkirb
Is there a Doctor in the house? I believe if you have a Docotrs note stating that the Tint is necessary for your health you can get away with it. I think you can get a doctor to say that your skin is sensitive to sunlight or something. Is there a Doctor in the house that can write me a note incase I get pulled over?
Group buy?
Old 05-25-2004, 01:06 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by LegoDoom
Group buy?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Originally posted by Itzkirb
Actually, I am a doc., but the Kalifornia law only allows exceptions for those who have a doctors official note on stationary or a prescription AND the tint must be readily removable (i.e. a framed window cover) AND not used at night....which basically excludes window tinting as we know it

So, sorry, no group buy in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

Quick Reply: front window tint