Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CURT Hitch Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I did not do the wiring, the dealer supplied and fitted wired and programmed the electronic control unit for about 600. Works great for me.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
You deserve to be the first nominee into the Cayenne Alpha/Beta Survivor Memorial.......of course we're still trying to organize the official forum T-shirt, so groundbreaking on the memorial may be delayed.....

I didn't mention BiXenons. BTW, I'm pretty sure where Larry is.....he has plenty of company.
DAMN! I was all set to logon to AA.com and buy a ticket until I read the second half of your first sentence! Ah well, maybe we'll get the t-shirt designed about the same time that Joie Chitwood and Bernie E. kiss and make up!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done a bunch of research / searching on this, ordered the parts as described by ltc for the analog brake controller connection for my 2006 CTTS. I have the Curt hitch ready to install and the 1D8 option from the factory. Before I rip the bumper off and start this project, is there any way to tell if I have the 7 pin wiring harness for the trailer lights already installed? I read this is a $100+ part and I have to tear into the passenger side panel to connect to the trailer controller module.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 PM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by Adam Conrad
I have done a bunch of research / searching on this, ordered the parts as described by ltc for the analog brake controller connection for my 2006 CTTS. I have the Curt hitch ready to install and the 1D8 option from the factory. Before I rip the bumper off and start this project, is there any way to tell if I have the 7 pin wiring harness for the trailer lights already installed? I read this is a $100+ part and I have to tear into the passenger side panel to connect to the trailer controller module.
Thanks for any help you can offer!
You'll need a wiring harness, control module and 7 pin adapter. If I remember correctly the first two were around $150/ea from Sunset Imports and the adapter is about $12. You'll also need a 7 to 4 pin depending on your towing needs, another $12. Unless you're in love with your local dealer or have a PCA membership discount, just contact Sunset as they usually have the best prices (dealer cost + 15%).
Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Default Towing control unit wiring

I got the Curt hitch mounted and now the wiring. Of course I ignored the post about getting the towing control unit, thought I MUST have it with the 1D8 option and noooooo.......

So I am going to order the towing control unit, but I am really confused about the wiring. The harness they sent is the one specified in the TSB - 955.612.506.00 but it only has 1 plug (16 pin) which reaches to the towing control unit (1 green plug 'E' is short and it connects behind the level control unit).

It appears from the pictures in the TSB 6690 that there should be 3 plugs going into the Towing control unit - I have 1 on the wiring harness - where are the other 2? 'C'(12 pin) according to the diagram looks like it should be part of the wiring harness. The 'B' wiring connector looks like it might be already installed (I can't find it, where is it hiding?)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Default URL's for other pics for towing control unit wiring

I couldn't upload more pictures so here is a URL for them

http://picasaweb.google.com/conrad.a...eat=directlink

Quick Reply: CURT Hitch Install