Sponsored by:

Porsche brand Leather cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche brand Leather cleaner?

Just browsing through the Cayenne owner's manual last night, I noticed that it recommended Porsche brand leather cleaner and leather care for the interior? Anybody buy/try it yet? Over priced?

Bought some Meguiar's Gold class cleaner/reconditioner today to try out....what do you guys/girls use?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Lexol or Leatherique
Old 07-25-2010, 06:34 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guys take care of my P!G, so I'm assuming this is what they use:

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/det...category_id=12
Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have found that different leather cleaners and protectants/conditioners work best on specific types of leather. On my GTS (feels like cheap sprayed) I use Zymol Leather Cleaner or Griot's Interior Cleaner followed by Zymol Leather Conditioner. For my wife's Range, which has ultra soft/delicate, Ivory colored Oxford Leather, I use Leather Masters Cleaner and Protectant (2 Step). On my old LR3, which had thick and tough leather (Rhino hide?), I used Connelly Hide Food or Griot's Leather Conditioner.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=bgsntth;7764638]I have found that different leather cleaners and protectants/conditioners work best on specific types of leather. QUOTE]

I found that out the trial and error way.
I was so concerned about the leather dash in my 08 that I brought it up with the local dealers so at least I had a paper trail while under warranty.
anyway, maybe due to the dry climate or harsh sun, the dash became dried out and ready to crack within 6 months. I kept thinking any day it would peel along the front edge or around the airbag.
I went through quite a few test products including the porsche stuff(dealer provided, very nice of them) until I finally used leatherique.
seemed extreme to use a restoration product but it made the dash look brand new and not so stretched and strained.

Quick Reply: Porsche brand Leather cleaner?