Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YouTube: Porsche Cayenne Door Lock Picked (2006 Model Year) LPL (Lock Picking Lawyer)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 04:59 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Exclamation YouTube: Porsche Cayenne Door Lock Picked (2006 Model Year) LPL (Lock Picking Lawyer)

from LPL (Lock Picking Lawyer) on YouTube
thought there might be some interest, of course nothing about the alarm or just breaking a window but still

[1417] Porsche Cayenne Door Lock Picked (2006 Model Year)

Last edited by coffeeisgood; 02-21-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:47 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Very interesting, just from the standpoint of the design of that tool. Cool video.

After recently having a glorified tow-truck driver break into my pig in about 30 seconds, I'm not too worried.
Not more than I was anyway.

Last edited by thesteve; 02-21-2022 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,491 Likes on 4,132 Posts

Better locks have springs in them that push the pins back down when not held up by the key and that tool wouldn't work on those because after he clicks one up it would push back down once he tried to move onto the next pin. Only the key that holds all of them in the correct position at the same time can open that kind of lock.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:16 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Better locks have springs in them that push the pins back down.
Our locks have springs, subtle tension is used to twist the lock and bind the tumblers so they can be set. it takes skill (which I do not have) to apply just the right amount of twisting force while still being able to manipulate the lock elements.
The tool is unlikely to be as easy to use as it appears, that person is extremely good and his videos are interesting and disturbing to watch.

That said I recently bought a parts motorcycle, a modern bike with near-new locks. The key was temporarily mislaid, and I was shocked at how easy it was to pick the ignition and fuel tank locks so I could start the engine. It's one of the last bikes to lack RFID theft protection. I'm actually a fan of the RFID without pushbutton setup, like my Cayenne and Audi S8, where you can't pick the locks and drive away and you can't amplify or intercept the pushbutton-start comm and steal the car electronically as is common these days.

-Joel.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:39 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Aside from a lockpicker, a good tow truck with official looking lights and decals will be far better at this. still neat though!
Old 02-22-2022, 10:38 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

A feature I miss on my BMWs was a so-called deadbolt locking design, whereby you could actually lock someone inside the car, and the handles wouldn't work from inside on even a second, third... try.
So any would-be opportunist would have to presumably break the glass, crawl in, and then crawl out to steal anything.

Always thought it was pretty bad-***, -like the rear windows with full down and one-touch auto-up.

we don't need no stinking child safety windows

Quick Reply: YouTube: Porsche Cayenne Door Lock Picked (2006 Model Year) LPL (Lock Picking Lawyer)