Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for GTS recommendations...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 09:18 PM
CATMANUNO
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance for GTS recommendations...

I have a new to me 2008 GTS that I was planning to add my current Hagerty auto policy.

Today I spoke to them and was told that they are not insuring Cayennes at the moment.

'What companies offer good coverage at a reasonable price? What are you guys and gals using?

This won't be a daily for me. It will spend most of the time in the garage.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Anthony
Old 12-15-2021, 10:08 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 269 Posts

So much goes into your algo but for two cayennes and 911, I pay 135 month with progressive.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:53 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,483 Likes on 4,127 Posts

Had the same problem with Hagerty when I did my Cayenne Turbo S widebody build. Back in 2018 when I was trying to insure it, it was both too new (09) and an SUV , both of which they said were the reasons they wouldn't add it to my policy. They went up 2 or 3nmanagement levels because of my years with them and claim free history, but eventually came back with a no. Found Grundy who would insure it for the value I wanted on an Agreed Value Policy if I moved all the cars to them, so Hagerty lost 4 Porsches and what would have been the 5th one. Grundy has all 8 of my cars (6 Porsches) and all have AV, even the daily drivers. They have Exotic, Classic, and Regular use classifications and there are no limits on the regular use vehicles. Although those get AV, that is the only category that sees annual depreciation, but they will also reevaluate each year to see if the AV should be increased. My Cayenne is in this Regular use category even though it's out least used vehicle because we really only take it on family vacation trips, but beaciae it gets parked outside at hotels X distance from home it had to be classified this way.

Last edited by Petza914; 12-16-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:49 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

I just have mine covered under my personal auto policy through the gecko.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:19 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,483 Likes on 4,127 Posts

Originally Posted by Libast
I just have mine covered under my personal auto policy through the gecko.
Be careful with that. Book value on these Cayennes is not anywhere near what they're selling for now. Without AV insurance an accident that estimates at 75% of book value will total the car. It won't take much to do that and that's also all you'd get in the settlement check, meaning you'd be short at least $10-$15k. Also, do not confuse Stated Value with Agreed Value - they are not even similar when it comes to you getting paid the market value of your car.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:52 PM
Libast
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Be careful with that. Book value on these Cayennes is not anywhere near what they're selling for now. Without AV insurance an accident that estimates at 75% of book value will total the car. It won't take much to do that and that's also all you'd get in the settlement check, meaning you'd be short at least $10-$15k. Also, do not confuse Stated Value with Agreed Value - they are not even similar when it comes to you getting paid the market value of your car.
I understand
Old 12-16-2021, 09:58 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 128 Posts

I have had my Cayennes insured through our local Pemco complany. When my 2008 CTT was totalled in a head-on accident by an uninsured driver, they were awesome about the process. The biggest issue was that they wanted to repair the car and when I pointed out that the repair would entail a removal of the engine ($12k+) to do all the body work and then replace the intercoolers, turbos and all many of the engine ancilliaries that were damaged, they capitulated and cut me a check for more than I paid for the car. The car was hammered and was thrown backwards 8 feet by the impact. Luckily, neither myself nor my golden retreiver were injured.

Great insurance is a must. Search carefully!

Old 12-17-2021, 05:42 PM
06bom6
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Had the same problem with Hagerty when I did my Cayenne Turbo S widebody build. Back in 2018 when I was trying to insure it, it was both too new (09) and an SUV , both of which they said were the reasons they wouldn't add it to my policy. They went up 2 or 3nmanagement levels because of my years with them and claim free history, but eventually came back with a no. Found Grundy who would insure it for the value I wanted on an Agreed Value Policy if I moved all the cars to them, so Hagerty lost 4 Porsches and what would have been the 5th one. Grundy has all 8 of my cars (6 Porsches) and all have AV, even the daily drivers. They have Exotic, Classic, and Regular use classifications and there are no limits on the regular use vehicles. Although those get AV, that is the only category that sees annual depreciation, but they will also reevaluate each year to see if the AV should be increased. My Cayenne is in this Regular use category even though it's out least used vehicle because we really only take it on family vacation trips, but beaciae it gets parked outside at hotels X distance from home it had to be classified this way.
This right here all day. Ive got 6 or 7 rigs with them as well. some dailys. some classic. some exotic. They are reasonable and OE parts and no rental cap to speak of is excellent.

Quick Reply: Insurance for GTS recommendations...