Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Faulty Workshop

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:02 PM
johnhct
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Air Suspension Faulty Workshop

I went out to hard wire my Valentine One detector tonight. I purchased an Access-a fuse as recommended by someone on the list. It is a 20 Amp fuse with a 7.5 amp lead off the top.

I was searching for a 20 amp switched fuse to replace for the V1 power. I removed each 20 amp fuse in the left box and used a voltmeter to see if they had power with the key off. It seemed they all had power. I then read an old thread and Mudman said fuse 48 empty slot was switched. I plugged the Access-a-fuse into 48.

It seemed to work, but when I started the car, a yellow little car with up and down arrows appears on the panel, and a message of "Air Suspension Faulty Workshop" is on the muti-purpose display. The yellow PSM indicator is lit on the tachometer.

What did I do?

Has anyone else seen this?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few of us who have used this one without a problem. Where are you grounding the other wire ? not in another fuse holder I trust as this may cause all sorts of things to happen.

Let us know
Old 04-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I removed each 20 amp fuse in the left box and used a voltmeter to see if they had power with the key off.
John you got the fault because you must have removed the fuse that powered the Air Suspension. When my battery died a few weeks ago I had the same fault, just take a little drive and it will go away.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:11 AM
Mav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, Kevin might be right. I had the same faulty code when my battery died last week. You will need to bring your car to dealership to reset your 30+ control units in your car. According to work shop manuals, you will need to reset your steering wheel to have PSM work properly. To do this work you need a PST2. So you need to visit you dealer.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:10 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On that basis, if the fuse is in there, you should be able to reset the suspension.

with the engine running, pull the level height control toward the rear of the car for 30 seconds. Then do the reverse of that. You should not need a dealer to set it up.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:51 AM
johnhct
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by mudman2
On that basis, if the fuse is in there, you should be able to reset the suspension.

with the engine running, pull the level height control toward the rear of the car for 30 seconds. Then do the reverse of that. You should not need a dealer to set it up.
I was going to try your suggestion, but I decided to drive the car first. If that didn't make the message go away, then I would try your suggestion.

A short drive solved the issue.

But, now I have a new problem. Every time I start the car I get a "Tyre pressure too low. Add air." message. When I check te TPM, it says 39 psi on both front and 42 psi on both rear. I have 19" wheels.

After I drive for a while, the indicator goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:53 AM
Mav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, You really need to bring your car to your dealer. Your TPM also need to be reset. Check your PM.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Faulty Workshop