Sponsored by:

replacing airbags w/ pasm

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
Default replacing airbags w/ pasm

i have a v6 cayenne that sagging in the rear. it has pasm also. i can replace the bags only for around $800...but thinking about coil springs

is there an upgrade path going to a coil spring setup and removed the pasm along with the bag?
the pasm is working fine but I don't see a lot of replacement shocks for this system outside of Porsche direct @ $2k

this car will mostly be used for light offroading, this is not a daily.
i may be confused but pasm is the comfort control options next to the air ride correct? is there a special shock required for this?

Last edited by Jupiterfish; 03-19-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:25 PM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 103 Posts

It might be worth checking out FCP Euro. I can confirm they carry a 'conversion' package. It contains a plug-in 'defeat' for the PASM module which disables the computer controlled functions of the PASM system, made by Arnott Industries for about 1900. It also includes standard coil and shock suspension which is designed to replace your airbag shocks. They also have 'rebuild' kits available for your existing air suspension mounts that address the components that wear out. The rebuild kits are also manufactured by Arnott industries and if you were to rebuild all four air suspension units the price would come out to about one OEM air suspension control unit new from Porsche. Do you know if air's leaking from the rear bags? maybe it's a level sensor issue? Either way, good hunting, life is easier with standard coils, but PASM is certainly a nice luxury.
The following users liked this post:
Jupiterfish (03-21-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 11:21 PM
quight
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out PRG as well. Greg posted that he's exploring a coilover conversion that uses the original adjustable shocks.
Jupiterfish (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 11:51 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiterfish
i have a v6 cayenne that sagging in the rear. it has pasm also. i can replace the bags only for around $800...but thinking about coil springs

is there an upgrade path going to a coil spring setup and removed the pasm along with the bag?
the pasm is working fine but I don't see a lot of replacement shocks for this system outside of Porsche direct @ $2k

this car will mostly be used for light offroading, this is not a daily.
i may be confused but pasm is the comfort control options next to the air ride correct? is there a special shock required for this?

Check your purge valves. The failure of the valves is a much more common occurrence than the failure of the bags. If you do a quick search, you will find a couple threads on this.
Jupiterfish (03-21-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 10:25 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks I have it going to an Indy that has done many leak fixes and I trust. I have decided to keep the bags and sweat it out.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:11 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiterfish
Thanks I have it going to an Indy that has done many leak fixes and I trust. I have decided to keep the bags and sweat it out.
Honestly, that is probably your best course of action depending on the overall condition of your vehicle. I love the PASM system and have heard very few complaints about the Porsche versions. The versions on the other adjacent marques are another strory...
Old 03-22-2021, 07:28 PM
RS-America
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Excellent Air-Suspension post from the 958 side
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-concepts.html

Quick Reply: replacing airbags w/ pasm