Sponsored by:

Assist Requested from CDC-4 CD Changer Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 12:11 AM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dlipetz
Please indicate if you are playing the discs in a CDC-4 CD Changer or the head unit (my PCM head unit never has a problem, just the changer), which CD-R media you use, and which software you use to burn the CDs.

Thanks.
Sorry for leaving the details out !
Actualy neither is giving me any problems, the head unit nor the CDC what so ever, I play sony, TDK, Autobahn (some cheap media) CDR's and even some other copies of originals I get in stores for cheap who know who makes them.

There are 2 softwares I use to burn them, Record Now MAX platinum and Cakewalk Pyro, syccesfully.

John.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw, I have found the 6 disc changer magazines at www.crutchfield.com; they are Panasonic CAMP600 and are sold for $24.99.

Crutchfield (a long-time major US mail order retailer of car and home stereo gear) specifically identify this magazine as being the one for the 2004 Cayenne.

I have studied their photograph, my old MB cartridges and the one that came with my new Porsche changer. The only difference I can see is the former have Panasonic or MB decals on them and the latter has none.

--Bob
Old 06-07-2004, 10:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Panasonic (actually the parent company Matshushta) is the supplier of OEM CDC mechanisms to Becker, who ads the appropriate interface and supplies them to Daimler and VW, who supplies them to Audi / Porsche.

Quick Reply: Assist Requested from CDC-4 CD Changer Owners