Sponsored by:

Cayenne 05 order guide!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:58 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, and the one thing I really liked on the Escaulade, the Sat Radio!

Anyone else have any ideals? Do you all think the buttons / interface will be different on the new DVD system?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:08 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, spoke with my dealer who said they would let the current one I have on order placed into stock and let me order a 2005 model if I wish.

My problem is my Cayenne S is exactly as I wish it to be, with all the options as I wish it to be.

I'm thinking, if the current NAV system works fairly well (anyone compare it to an Acura system)? Then I might just take delivery of my vehicle that I have on order.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had zero problems with the current Nav system, I have not used a japanese system, but I only use it to find addresses and guide me so the frills do not excite me at all, touch screens mean cleaning more greasy fingermarks off and voice activation is for the birds (I have an accent).

The Nav CD is in for about 5 minutes a trip and then back in its box. Most of the time I go back to places already set up so I do not need the CD at all.

As for Satellite, I see no need to pay $9.95 a month when my iPod has 7000 + songs that I like on it for free.

In addition based on what I have heard there is major problems with Nav head units and the MOST system. Both BMW and MB have delayed rolling this out in upcoming models, and the Sat manufacturers are also rubbing there heads right now.

Porsche must be mighty clever to have solved this issue (anyone got some money to lay down :-) )

I have no interest in watching movies as I drive, I prefer the 42 inch and 55 inch screens so DVD means nothing to me either.

A phone interface I am interested in but would rather it was third party.

Happy is as happy does
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mudman, ya da man...

Excellent points and I thank ya for your input!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
dawktah
Racer

Ironically, I had a conversation with a colleague about Cayenne. He wants a Nav to be able to locate a chinese food restaurant? I would never trust a Nav to recommend somewhere to eat!
Old 03-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nav system should be the same as the current CD based system in terms of looks. Until the first ones start arriving though we won't knwo for sure. One indicator it looks the same is that Porsche still refer to it as the PCM II. If it were changing dramatically, would it not be called PCM III?

I think the satellite radio is a great option, but I would rather see MP3 capability. MP3 does not require a service fee, and when you can put 100 songs on a CD at high quality, who really needs 100+ channels, most of which you'll never listen to?

Panoramic roof. It will be available. It's already inthe service computers on how to fix them, so obviously they're coming. Not sure when though.

Same deal for the Cayenne manual transmission. And in the order guides, Porsche keep referring to the Cayenne V6 as the "Cayenne Tiptronic." The fact that the Tip is standard is also highlighted. This tells me that there will be an optional transmission eventually.

Old 03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
rbkell
6th Gear

What do you think is the liklihood that the satellite radio will be an add on module that can be used in earlier model years. I am about to get an fm modulated XM would would obviously rather have an integrated unit. Re the present navigation system: I think it is very good, just as good as in my S55 or in my last BMW M5.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:35 PM
opie
AutoX

I would also love to see the satellite radio available as a retrofit option to earlier model years. Besides cell phone integration, it was the only feature I felt was missing when I ordered my Cayenne.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Originally posted by rbkell
What do you think is the liklihood that the satellite radio will be an add on module that can be used in earlier model years. I am about to get an fm modulated XM would would obviously rather have an integrated unit. Re the present navigation system: I think it is very good, just as good as in my S55 or in my last BMW M5.
All indications are that the XM/Sirius option will not be retrofittable.

The thing is, the option is $990 US, on top of the money you have to pay for the Nav system. I added a top of the line Alpine CD/MP3 head unit and XM receiver to my car for about $700 CDN. That's about $530US.

The price of this option is ridiculous.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:03 PM
flynhawaiian
Intermediate

where did you get the prices for the new options? Does someone have a copy of the '05 order guide in a pdf form?
Old 03-29-2004, 02:52 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Difference is a dealer in Canada who is very reliable.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys, the preliminary order guides for the Cayenne are now online available at renntech.org!

Does anyone know what a "stainless steel nose trim" is (or did they just rename the stainless steel skidplate)?
Old 03-29-2004, 05:13 PM
tahoeblue
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

"Stainless steel nose trim" is the same as the front "stainless steel skidplate." Got this option from factory on the '04S I ordered and just picked up. IMO looks great with my Titanium exterior.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM
flynhawaiian
Intermediate

Thank you so much, looks like the dvd based navigation will be installed. I guess it will also have a offroad navigation. This is a good thing. We only need the bluetooth module and the targa roof and I will be even happier.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Originally posted by mudman2
Difference is a dealer in Canada who is very reliable.
Thanks man.

*head swells, ego inflates*

As a side note, pricing has not been released yet. The prelim guide just has the options. We're not expecting any sort of increase that's worth getting excited about.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 05 order guide!!