Sponsored by:

Help! Problem removing Timing Case cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Caesardimxes
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! Problem removing Timing Case cover

Hello guys, this is a great site and I have been lurking on here for years now. But I have a minor problem that I hope you can help me to solve. I have a Cayenne 2008 Turbo and I am doing my timing chain. I have gotten everything off except I cannot get the timing case cover because of this wiring cable in red across the cover. I need to loosen it but I have no idea how to get it loose without having to remove the fuel rail and injector looms. Please is there any way to loosen this cable enough to slip it over the top of the timing case cover? Thanks

Old 12-13-2020, 11:30 PM
Caesardimxes
Cruisin'

Wow, no one here able to help ?
Old 12-14-2020, 02:03 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Caesardimxes
Wow, no one here able to help ?
Maybe with the holidays folks aren't on here as much.

I've a question though; how were you able to disconnect this vacuum line where it connects to the turbo? TIA

Old 12-14-2020, 02:35 AM
hopsis
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 128 Posts

That line comes off the turbocharger end easily by just pulling, at least it did on my 955, opening that clip in the second picture isn't needed.

The following 2 users liked this post by hopsis:
Caesardimxes (12-14-2020), TRINITONY (12-14-2020)
Old 12-27-2020, 11:49 PM
Caesardimxes
Cruisin'

Alright, since no one here was able to help, i have found the solution. You have to remove the starter cable as shown by the red arrow. But to do that, you have to remove the fuel rail and some fragile hoses around it. Once you do that, there is a black cover that you have to lever open and the starter cable is in there held on by a nut which you have to remove, then pull the cable off. A lot of hassle for something so small. Hope it helps however encounters this later. I am making a video series on changing the timing chain for a Cayenne Turbo 2009, which I will compile and put online soon.

Quick Reply: Help! Problem removing Timing Case cover