PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 04:07 PM
2005CayenneS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP

Gents,
Spyder assy(part of drive shaft) broke into pieces and nylon/fiber glass rope that is used for rubber reinforcement damaged one of the lines.(white hard plastic line)
Thought it is a fuel return line but seems like it did not go into fuel tank. It seem it went around the fuel tank and came out as 4-5 white tubes under rear passenger side wheel well.
Any idea what is this white line is for and best way to fix it?
Will a rubber tape that is used in fixing garden hoses do the trick?

Thanks.

Old 08-05-2020, 04:19 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

It's probably part of the emissions system or if you have air-suspension part of that system. No tape is going to work. What might work is to cut the line, then find some rubber hose with the same inside diameter as the outside diameter of the damaged line. Use the rubber hose to splice the two ends back together. I'd suggest hose clamps on the rubber hose.

BTW - I see you're fairly new here. I'd suggest on future posts seeking help with a problem that you include a brief description of the issue in the SUBJECT of your post. And while your user name indicates you having a 2005 S - you might add that in the message itself for people who've not bothered to make the connection between your username and the vehicle you're asking about.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:18 PM
2005CayenneS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Mine does not have air suspension.
I was hoping it is for wiper fluid line :-(
I'll cut the line and hopefully I can find the right size hoses and clamp it as suggested.
Yeah. I've been away from Forum for a while since my son took this car to college 4 years ago so a little rusty :-)

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP