Sponsored by:

WARNING AIR SUSPENSION in Red on Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 03:45 AM
glenn_a
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy WARNING AIR SUSPENSION in Red on Cluster

Hello fellow members, I have been reading all Air Suspension Issues for our Cayenne but I have not seen the same issues that I have. I have a 2004 CTT 955 and having this issue showing in RED warning "WARNING AIR SUSPENSION", every time I start the cayenne then a few seconds later it will pop and stay on the cluster all day but the ride height is still okay means never dropped but feels a bit bumpy. As you know whenever we get this RED warning error it is not possible to fully scan and erase that error but only one error showing P0003 'Control Unit Faulty". Looks like a major issue ;(
My story was I replaced the compressor kit because I having issues "FAULTY AIR SUSPENSION" something to do with pressure but after the rebuild finally fixed that problem. But then after a month, I get this RED warning light ;( "WARNING AIR SUSPENSION" I'm sure if I stuffed up before from rebuilding the compressor it should come up either few hours or just days but then it baffled me because it took a month...
I have been reading forums after forums saying could be the BATTERY or CARPET IS WET COULD BE A SHORT IN THE WIRING or COMPRESSOR or THERMAL AIR COMPRESSOR. I read from the manual book saying Fault Code P0003 (fault effects -RED warning in Instrument "Air Spring Warning" -Control not possible -Contol not possible (PASM) and fault text [Control Unit Faulty]
So, I replaced that Control Unit located right rear of the cayenne but it did not fix the problem, it seems not giving the power to turn ON the Air Compressor. I have checked the Fuse 40amp under the seat just on top of the battery is okay and located the Relay under the dash but I noticed there is no earth or ground (negative) on the Relay but then If I by-passed that earth to the chassis then the Air Compressor start running but the error in the dash RED Warning still ON. I am stuck now and don't know where to go from here, thinking could be the air block distributor or if there are any pressure sensors that faulty or ??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited by glenn_a; 05-04-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:12 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,172 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Can you adjust the vehicle level using the height toggles and do all 4 corners go up or down appropriately or does the car not change height at all? Do you hear the compressor run when you start the car and for how long does it run? If it's locked the system down and won't do anything because of the error, disconnecting the ground from the battery for 10 minutes at the front of the drivers seat and then putting the key into the full accessory position, but not starting the car, may let you clear the stored code so you can do some further diagnostics on the system until the error comes back.

With the key in full accessory mode, you can work the toggles with the door open as long as you manually close the catch inside the open door that normally grabs the strikeplate, and that might help you hear if air is leaking from somewhere if you get the compressor to run again.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:32 AM
glenn_a
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
Can you adjust the vehicle level using the height toggles and do all 4 corners go up or down appropriately or does the car not change height at all? Do you hear the compressor run when you start the car and for how long does it run?
thanks for your reply, it could be locked and to be honest first time I hear that... Nope! The vehicle cannot be adjusted at all because of that error, and No sound at all from the compressor as I mentioned there is not negative going to the relay from control unit and that is why the compressor does not switch ON. It only come on when ever we ground the negative wire then the compressor start to work.
I might try that reset procedure you juat mentioned and let you know what happend.thanks!
Old 04-30-2020, 05:09 PM
thesteve
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

Check these wires on the left driver's side. Check and re-crimp or solder the small signal splices. Do this first.
You don't even need any tools to pull the carpet back. Just your hands.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:38 PM
glenn_a
Advanced

Originally Posted by thesteve
Check these wires on the left driver's side. Check and re-crimp or solder the small signal splices. Do this first.
Thanks! Ill check it out 👌
Old 05-01-2020, 05:54 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm writing from my phone on a slow connection so I can't include the link, but if you look at a past thread I created about this it may help you.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:52 PM
glenn_a
Advanced

Originally Posted by MM951
I'm writing from my phone on a slow connection so I can't include the link, but if you look at a past thread I created about this it may help you.
thanks, heaps! I'll look into it... here's the link just in case someone following this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...le-repair.html
Attached Files
Old 05-04-2020, 12:38 AM
glenn_a
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thesteve
Check these wires on the left driver's side. Check and re-crimp or solder the small-signal splices. Do this first.
THANKS! "thesteve" we checked these wirings and it looks pretty good but thanks for that info at least one down from the checklist
The following users liked this post:
thesteve (05-04-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 12:43 AM
glenn_a
Advanced

This is the error I have been gett"n from our scanner...

So I tried my handheld and still the same error, just to make sure...
Old 05-04-2020, 12:48 AM
glenn_a
Advanced

from the fault code 0003 saying "Control Unit Faulty" I ordered another unit from wreckers (auto dismantlers) just to make sure and less hassle
Old 12-22-2022, 04:56 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey it has been a while, but I am assuming you got everything working. What was the fix?
Old 05-04-2023, 09:42 AM
jeff spahn
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 221 Posts

Bump for relevance. Any fix?
Old 05-04-2023, 02:25 PM
Klaird928
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I put a new piston ring and o-ring in mine. The car went from sitting on the fender wells to normal in about 5 seconds. Now I am back to the error message and the pump sounds like it is full of rocks. It will eventually get back to normal but if I get on an uneven surface the pump comes on and I get an error message until the pump goes back off. I will probably pull the pump again to see if something came loose.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:35 PM
glenn_a
Advanced

Originally Posted by Klaird928
Hey it has been a while, but I am assuming you got everything working. What was the fix?
hi! Yeah its been a while trying to think what i did, I think i replaced the module the one located on the back side panel... actually got a pretty good deal from online with new compressor + air valve solenoid.
i replaced my compressor too because I am start getting temp. sensor error.
hope that helps

Quick Reply: WARNING AIR SUSPENSION in Red on Cluster