Sponsored by:

TransSyberia with a Modern Twist

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 08:40 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

That must have been a bittersweet moment! Wow, what a collection. Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 01-13-2021, 05:42 AM
gtsblue
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wish I could buy yours. Glad it joined a great collection. I follow them closely on IG...what a joy!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
That must have been a bittersweet moment! Wow, what a collection. Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us.

Cheers,
Tom
Yes, it wasn't easy to sell, but everything lined up.......I am looking forward to my next car purchase and if everything works out, it will be pretty cool to share.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gtsblue
Wish I could buy yours. Glad it joined a great collection. I follow them closely on IG...what a joy!
I didn't have the cars for sale, so it was unexpected sale. The buyers are awesome and true Porsche lovers, so it all worked out great......best of luck with your adventures.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:45 AM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Blagave
Yes, it wasn't easy to sell, but everything lined up.......I am looking forward to my next car purchase and if everything works out, it will be pretty cool to share.
We will all look forward to seeing what is in store for you next!
Old 01-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I broke the plastic arm on the front level sensor and plastic mount on the A-arm when increasing the ride height and came to find out others have encountered similar failures when lifting the cayenne. To make things matters worse, Porsche does not sell individual replacement parts, but instead you have to buy the entire Level sensor. We have designed and 3D modeled some slick mock ups that will be machined out of aluminum to replace the plastic A-arm linkage mount and to sandwich the level arm. The A-arm linkage mount will have a simple through bolt instead of the plastic pin to hold in place and the two piece level arm stiffener is a really nice design that has a grove so the two halves slide and lock together......anyone will be able to install with very little time and effort.
I am waiting on pricing and will probably make a dozen or so, if there is a lot of interest after I get pricing, I can increase the numbers.....probably looking at a month or so before getting them....stay tuned.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:22 PM
digs
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 93 Posts

Great post ! Thank you !
Old 02-21-2021, 04:02 PM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

I made up some of the Aluminum front air suspension sensor mounts. I know the parts fit the 2010 Cayenne system and pretty sure the 2008 & 2009 are the same.
I have (4) complete kits that include the billet sensor arm stiffener, billet arm mount, adjustable links to raise the ride height and nuts and bolts. If you want stock ride hieght I would need to send different links The price for the kit is $225 which includes mailing in the States.
I also have (5) sets of the billet Arm mounts with linkage at a cost of $125 which includes shipping.

Adjustable links for increase ride height

Stock length links

Billet a arm mount

Lock nut for billet a arm fits perfect between the web on arm.

Billet 2 piece sensor arm stiffener.

Notice sensor arm has tapper from one end to the other. Earlier models have the same size radius on both ends. The billet stiffeners won’t fit on those arms.

Last edited by Blagave; 02-21-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:16 PM
desmodan
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made up some of the Aluminum front air suspension sensor mounts. I know the parts fit the 2010 Cayenne system and pretty sure the 2008 & 2009 are the same.
I have (4) complete kits that include the billet sensor arm stiffener, billet arm mount, adjustable links to raise the ride height and nuts and bolts. If you want stock ride hieght I would need to send different links The price for the kit is $225 which includes mailing in the States.
I also have (5) sets of the billet Arm mounts with linkage at a cost of $125 which includes shipping.

Hey Blagave,

I know it's been a while, but did you sell all of the kits and individual arm stiffener sets that you made?

Cheers,
-Dan
Old 05-05-2022, 09:03 PM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

Hi Dan,
I have a few sets left from the second run.
Comes with front billet sensor arm stiffeners, Lower A-arm billet mount, adjustable front and rear links along with nuts and bolts. There was a price increase from the first run to the 2nd run so the price is $375 plus shipping.
If you want a set, just PM me and we can work out the details
The following users liked this post:
wkearney99 (05-06-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:22 AM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

If anyone is interested, I just listed the New rear locking differential / wire harness and ecu for sale in the market place https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1227635

Decided to leave the Transsyberia as it came from the factory.

Reviving an old thread....
Any idea if the buyer got this to function properly?

Originally Posted by gtsblue
porsche_nut and transsyberia_owners; good stuff!

Old 10-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Blagave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeremy@matrix
Reviving an old thread....
Any idea if the buyer got this to function properly?

porsche_nut and transsyberia_owners; good stuff!
As far as I know, the new owners have left everything stock. I think the only thing they did was have the silver wheels painted orange, which looks nice.
Old 10-07-2022, 12:23 PM
Crozzer
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 116 Posts

@Blagave any chance of sharing (or selling) those scans and design files for the bumper and skids?

I have been messing with cardboard mock-ups trying to get smooth full coverage with strength in the right places, and sufficient airflow too. The oem came with a scoop and reverse NACA to flow air over the oil pan and transmission pan, for example. Probably not because it wasn’t beneficial… 😜

I have this notion that the way manufacturing is heading, there will be more instances of selling a design ready to be cnc cut and fabbed locally….

Sweet rides!
Old 10-07-2022, 12:34 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

As far as I know, the new owners have left everything stock. I think the only thing they did was have the silver wheels painted orange, which looks nice.
Apologies for the confusion, but I meant the buyer of the 1Y1 rear diff lock package; https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1227635 . Did they tell you they got it to function?
PS--Agreed on orange wheels!

Quick Reply: TransSyberia with a Modern Twist