Sponsored by:

Cheap Bastards Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 12:45 AM
RSbob
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Cheap Bastards Backup Camera

Not too interested in socking mucho dinnero into upgrades for the 957 other than keeping it in tip top running condition, which can be expensive enough as is.

added a Whistler wireless backup camera available on Amazon which works quite well. After an initial charge of the lithium ion batteries on the license plate surround, the built in solar panels keep the battery topped off for months. My pig is relegated to the driveway which helps charge the battery so the nicer iron can languish with their trickle chargers and covers in the garage.

Anywho the color display is plugged into power in the passenger footwell with the cord pretty well hidden. The alignment display lines are very visible and the system works instantly via the units WiFi. The only knock is no additional lighting is provided at night, but my mega backup lights more than do the job.

I particularly like the 4.5” display size which works in concert with the parking sensors for goof proof backing. Saw my miserable cat sitting behind the pig which saved of its useless lives.

since mounting the camera at the top of the plate blocks the hatch release, I just flipped it upside down and then flipped the image on the screen. The camera is a bit more prominent than I would like but for the price.... about $120, it’s fine.

Whistler box

if you aren’t a cheap bastard or a cord snob hit the back button, but I really like this little system which took 5 mins to install. Great value for the price. Now will see about longevity.

PS. Used hexheads to make sure the camera doesn’t wander off

Last edited by RSbob; 10-07-2019 at 12:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tappets (10-07-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 04:08 PM
RSbob
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Improved location of screen with no visible wires and doesn’t block voltmeter.

Last edited by RSbob; 10-18-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Cheap Bastards Backup Camera