Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Matt C
[Cherio,
The Swiss Dirty Dog [/B]
Would that be a dirty St. Bernard?
Old 03-08-2004 | 11:08 AM
GM Austin
Pro

Do I see a "gingerbread, non-functional adornment" (your own words) on your Cayenne? Shame on you!!
You are exactly right! And I struggled with it for a long time. Do you know, the roof carrying capacity actually decreases when you add the roof rails! True! Also, roof rails seemed to be an automatic feature of every SUV even when they were clearly destined for suburban missions. I was so thankful when Porsche came out with an SUV that had them deleted in the standard format. This is really only what we should expect from Porsche, a form follows function philosophy. They have a tradition of no fake hood scoops or non-functional wings.

What finally brought me to purchase the rails was purely aesthetic reasons. Looking at the shape, it seemed a little squatty and more stationwagon like and the roof rails really seemed to fix that. They added visual height and reinforced the horizontal lines of the car. And, I was able to convince myself that I might use them to carry a full size spare on top. Now that the're on, I really like the look. The termination at the rear of the rail has a line that blends well with the vertical line of the liftgate. As expected, it also adds to the perceived height of the car and makes it seem more balanced.

Old 03-08-2004 | 11:27 AM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't worry Gary, I was just teasing. You don't have to convince me, I'm on your side and couldn't have described it better.

And Toby:

Would that be a dirty St. Bernard?
Please, I'd prefer "dirty Bernese Mountain Dog". They are slightly - just slightly - more sporty than the St. Bernard.
Old 12-10-2020 | 03:01 AM
Asdrubal Sampayo
2nd Gear

Default 04 Porsche Cayenne wiring diagram needed

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Does anyone have access to the factory wiring diagrams for the Model Year 2004 Cayenne S? I am trying to see if I can complete my latest science project...

Upgrading Halogen Headlights to Bi-Xenon Headlights

Specifically, I want to understand the detailed wiring and connector pin-outs for part numbers 955 631 239 10 (Bi-Xenon headlamp harness) and 955 631 239 00 (Halogen headlamp harness). It's my belief that the upgrade from Halogen to Bi-Xenon is pretty straightforward. There are however, a couple of key elements - the proper wiring to insure that the light signal gets to the ballast to fire up the Xenon lamp, and insuring that the Xenon control unit is not a physical control unit but one or more mappings in the CAN drive modules.

So, if anyone has access to the wiring diagrams, please drop me a PM or an email.

I'll share any progress on this front.

Toby
can someone give me or guide me on how to get an 04 cayenne wiring diagram plz
Old 12-11-2020 | 07:27 PM
quight
Advanced

I'll have to fig out my schematics later... too much to read in one sitting I apologize if this was established somewhere in the thread already.
1. Headlight controller is part of the ballast
2​​. My understanding of the side marker / turn signal function is one of software config. I have yet to convince anyone to help me prove it.
Old 04-11-2021 | 11:42 AM
shanusanus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
You could always splice into the turn signal lead and use it to drive the light rather than the side marker light.

On the Bi-Xenon lights, I believe that the turn signal lead is on PIN 2 of the connector. PIN 10 is a combined ground for Cornering/Parking/Signal lights. The PINs are numbered (looking at the back of the connector):

1 2 3 4 5 6
12 11 10 9 8 7

On the halogen light assembly, PIN 9 is the turn light lead and PIN 10 is a combination ground for Low/High/Turn.

From what I can tell, there is a completely separate lead/ground pair for the side marker lights are installed from the factory.

YMMV!
Do you have the full pinout info for a UK 9PA Cayenne with Halogen (not Xenon) bulbs please?
Old 04-11-2021 | 05:00 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Asdrubal Sampayo
can someone give me or guide me on how to get an 04 cayenne wiring diagram plz
You do realize you've revived a 16 year old thread by asking this question? Chances of anyone in the thread still being on Rennlist are small.

Just as a point of information I've seen PDF copies of the 955 factory service manual available on eBay for small money. The better ones have been broken up into multiple PDF's with indexes. The useless ones are one huge 11,000 page PDF. In either case they might well include wiring diagrams.

BTW - please do not ask for copies (ie - "give me") of intellectual property (copyrighted) on Rennlist. We don't need the fuss this can bring with lawyers and such.

Quick Reply: MY04 Wiring Diagram????