Sponsored by:

HVAC Blend door servo replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 04:42 PM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default HVAC Blend door servo replacement

Shop says my problem with no air from center vents or rear seat vents is from 2 bad blend door servos. Around $300 for each blend door servo (Pelican and Sonnen prices and the shop's price also). Is there a cheaper source? Shop says diag tool doesnt specify which servo failed, nor whether the servo has a long shaft or short shaft (2 different part numbers for servo motors). They also say after thinking it was going to be 4 hours of labor, they now say its going to be 10 hours of labor (but they are still charging me for 4 hours) because replacing the 2 servos they think are bad requires not only puling the entire dash, but also requires dropping the steering column to get enough space to replace the 2 servos. I do get air from the chest level outlets on the far left and right sides of the dash. Have not checked to see if heat works the same way, only using A/C so far.

Does all of that sound right for this problem? 2008 S with standard HVAC system (rear seat vents, but no rear seat thermostat).

Also, shop says there are 9 of these servos! Seriously? $2700-ish in just parts cost to replace all of them? True?
Old 08-03-2019, 08:45 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,144 Likes on 759 Posts

Feel happy.. I think there are about 15 of them in my '11 CTT which has rear-seat HVAC. Apparently, the Tourag uses identical servos - but I'm not sure how you would determine the VW pn.. (except by looking at it - it's probably marked on the servos.)