Sponsored by:

PCM failed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Fiveostang
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM failed

Hey everyone I just picked up an 04 cayenne S. It's got high miles but is in amazing condition. Couple things need to be addressed eventually. Theres a minor leak from the steering rack and the transfer case but everything else is good. My major concern right now is that the PCM screen is black. No input no volume nothing. I'm not sure if I should get an after market unit or get a replacement OEM PCM. Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:31 PM
NelaK
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

A used replacement PCM will be $1000+, a new one will be even more expensive.

I think you can get the original PCM repaired for $200-300.

Alternatively I think people are able to do the aftermarket units + accessories for around $500-600? The aftermarket units will definitely modernize the car and there's lots of threads on them and how happy people are with them.

Also - don't forget to check the fuses just in case. I've had mine blow the fuse before.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:33 PM
J'sWorld
Three Wheelin'

Received 184 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiveostang
Hey everyone I just picked up an 04 cayenne S. It's got high miles but is in amazing condition. Couple things need to be addressed eventually. Theres a minor leak from the steering rack and the transfer case but everything else is good. My major concern right now is that the PCM screen is black. No input no volume nothing. I'm not sure if I should get an after market unit or get a replacement OEM PCM. Any input is appreciated.
It's really up to you how much you want to spend. It is all upgradeable. I have a great used pcm from my 04 turbo should you decide that. I'l make it super competitive price as you would find on Ebay.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:47 PM
Fiveostang
4th Gear

I don't think it's the fuse because I can hear the unit trying to load. I guess my big concern is am I gonna lose any functionality by switching to an aftermarket an if I go OEM do I need to bring it to Porsche for a reflash? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Fiveostang
4th Gear

Originally Posted by J'sWorld
It's really up to you how much you want to spend. It is all upgradeable. I have a great used pcm from my 04 turbo should you decide that. I'l make it super competitive price as you would find on Ebay.
I may shoot you a PM about your spare PCM.

Quick Reply: PCM failed