Sponsored by:

Vacuum leak goodness

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Chrali
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum leak goodness

I bought a Y charge pipe and seal from Porsche as I know they're a common fail and if I'm going to book my CTTS in for a smoke test, I'd be annoyed if that was it. Now I'm not convinced it is that, but its worth it for peace of mind and at least removes it from the list of suspects. So went to fit it today, the screw when transferring the sensor took some effort to screw into the new pipe. The old pipe had no date on it, but the new pipe was stamped with a date in 2017, so perhaps the old one is the original one.

I found that one of the vacuum pipes has been rubbing on the pulley, so that's looking like a good culprit for a vacuum leak

How do you remove the metal clips (not the upper metal squeeze clips) off of the pipe that runs to the (what I think is the) purge valve?

Thanks

How do you get these metal clips off !

I'd say this could be a culprit for vacuum leak, its clearly been rubbing on the pulley!
Old 02-23-2019, 04:47 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

You cut those clamps off and replace them with screw clamps.. or you can buy the clamp and the tool to install it.. Google "oetiker clamps"
Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM
Chrali
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
You cut those clamps off and replace them with screw clamps.. or you can buy the clamp and the tool to install it.. Google "oetiker clamps"
I've got these on another car, so even if I cut these off, the right tool will come in handy there.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vacuum leak goodness