Sponsored by:

Diagnostic Tool

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 03:00 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Stringbag
Air quality sensor is a common fault - replaced mine and fault code went away.

From a previous post -

Got the cabin auto recirc working again and cleared fault code 1592 by replacing the air quality sensor.
it’s a VW part, common to many vehicles. 7l0 907 643 and has been superseded by the same part nunber with an A at the end 7l0 907 643A

This thread helped to find it.
https://www.renntech.org/forums/topi...-is-this-part/

Edit
Great lead there too. From that thread,

"The air quality sensor monitors ambient air pollution and sends a signal to the Climate Control Unit. The control unit will command the recirculation flap to close if the concentration of pollution is excessive. The air quality sensor reacts to oxides of nitrogen (NOx), Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Sulfur Dioxide (SO2). The air quality sensor is in the fresh air inlet on the left side."

Sounds like it's not too urgent. AC works fine. I'll take a look and at least make sure it's plugged in. The PO had the front bumper repaired at a body shop, and they were much better at the body work than the associated mechanical work. BTW, the bumper was a front ding from being backed into while parked, so probably not related to the airbag control module.

Here's an example of a fault that was not reported by OBDII, and was completely unknown to me before the Foxwell.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:17 PM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

My check engine light came on last week (vehicle still runs great) so read codes with iCarScan X431...so now I know enough to be dangerous. Where do you go for further detail on the codes produced? I'm using the Porsche module on the iCarScan and have identified my vehicle to the code reader with the VIN. Would the same error codes be similar across all Porsche vehicles or specific to our Cayennes?
I've produced these codes:
  • P1284 "Fuel pump else fault"
  • P000A "Intake Camshaft slow respones Bank 1"
  • P1572 "Control Unit run on not ended correctly"
Is there a list of the codes and remedies somewhere? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 PM
afonseca
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldskewel
My Foxwell NT520 Pro arrived yesterday. Tested out just now ...

Short answer is - News flash ... don't believe everything you read on the interwebs. "Service Now" (oil maintenance interval) was successfully reset using this tool.
Thanks for sharing, this helped me decide to give it a try myself and just wanted to confirm the Foxwell NT520 Pro works great on my '08 GTS. I bought it from Amazon and it came with the Porsche software pre-installed. Just plugged it in, auto-detected the vehicle by VIN, read Porsche codes, and reset my vehicle service reminder. I haven't played with the more advanced functions yet but just for the above and being a general purpose OBDII scanner makes it a great value compared to the Durametric tool (costs about 2x as much, Porsche only, and VIN locked to 3 vehicles).
Old 06-21-2019, 09:08 AM
tappets
Advanced

Default Urgent Scan Tool required.

Originally Posted by deilenberger
The best is the Porsche PIWIS - $15,000/year rental from Porsche. It's the best available and will do the most things.

Alternatives are Durametric ($300 for 3 VIN#'s), iCarScan ($200 for unlimited VIN#'s and 5 different manufacturers.) Neither is the equal of the PIWIS, but they are a bit more affordable.
Don, looking at a icarscan x431 you have recommended. Having issues with my 05 Cayenne air suspension (can't drive the car :-(. Can you suggest a reputable supplier at a reasonable price please? My problem is I'm located in Australia. The link on your thread takes me to a site that my PC security doesn't like or is that the best site available?

Many thanks,

T
Old 06-21-2019, 03:33 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by tappets
Don, looking at a icarscan x431 you have recommended. Having issues with my 05 Cayenne air suspension (can't drive the car :-(. Can you suggest a reputable supplier at a reasonable price please? My problem is I'm located in Australia. The link on your thread takes me to a site that my PC security doesn't like or is that the best site available?

Many thanks,

T
T - I'm a bit hesitant to recommend a site since it's been 3 years since I purchased mine. The error message you're getting going to www.obd2tool.com - is due to their security certificate has expired. That probably isn't a concern if you pay via Paypal (which is an option) - since the payment will all be done on a secure Paypal website. Other than that - Amazon lists it - perhaps for a few dollars more - but at least with Amazon it's easy to return if it doesn't work for you. There is also http://www.x431tool.com/wholesale/x431-diagun-dbscar-bluetooth-connector.html - and I'm uncertain what their relationship with Launch is - this particular tool is rather obviously using Launch software - perhaps licensed by a secondary company.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:22 PM
tappets
Advanced

Hi Don, appreciate your reply you seem to be pretty familiar with this tool and happy to give it a go as it does most things including recal air suspension which I feel is needed for these cars.

Thanks again Don,

Regards, T
Old 06-22-2019, 08:30 AM
tappets
Advanced

T - I'm a bit hesitant to recommend a site since it's been 3 years since I purchased mine. The error message you're getting going to www.obd2tool.com - is due to their security certificate has expired. That probably isn't a concern if you pay via Paypal (which is an option) - since the payment will all be done on a secure Paypal website. Other than that - Amazon lists it - perhaps for a few dollars more - but at least with Amazon it's easy to return if it doesn't work for you. There is also http://www.x431tool.com/wholesale/x431-diagun-dbscar-bluetooth-connector.html - and I'm uncertain what their relationship with Launch is - this particular tool is rather obviously using Launch software - perhaps licensed by a secondary company.

Good luck!
Hi again Don, forgive my ignorance, new to this tool............is there other devices/software (except android cell phone) required to use this X431 tool? icarscantool are asking for serial numbers etc before sending tool?

Thanks in advance,

T
Old 06-22-2019, 01:58 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Hi again Don, forgive my ignorance, new to this tool............is there other devices/software (except android cell phone) required to use this X431 tool? icarscantool are asking for serial numbers etc before sending tool?

Thanks in advance,

T
If you bought the icarscan tool - the software is available for android or iphone. It's called "EZDiag" - and you download it just as you would any other software. You then have to setup an account and register that account to your OBD-II plug adaptor (each has a unique serial number).. so - do you have the tool? (Question #1.)
Old 06-22-2019, 10:01 PM
tappets
Advanced

If you bought the icarscan tool - the software is available for android or iphone. It's called "EZDiag" - and you download it just as you would any other software. You then have to setup an account and register that account to your OBD-II plug adaptor (each has a unique serial number).. so - do you have the tool? (Question #1.)
I do have a OBD 2 plug in tool.........not sure if it's compatible to this tool.

It's a Dutch "Zoobek" ECU-200 OBD/OBD2 scanner but unsure this will be compatible with icarscan tool. I'm a little confused here as NelaK on here who has also been very helpful said that I should receive the S/N that icarscantool are requesting (Before they ship my order) with tool when it arrives. Then use this number to log into device and down load the sofware..........does this make any sense? Trying to email icarscantool to clarify what I need to do. Thanks again for the help with this..........trying to get my head around it!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:44 AM
tappets
Advanced

Been trying to reply on here but to no avail for some reason..............something about being cleared by admin first! Anyway I have a basic Dutch made OBD2 tool made by "Zoobek" called ECU-200 for OBD2/OBD cars. Pretty sure this won't qualify for what icarscantool is requesting. Trying to work it out with them as impossible to provide information you don't have before they will ship my order...........very frustrating and the Chinese text describing what they needed is hard to decipher indeed. Had no idea it was a requirement to use this thing. Confused as NelaK has an icarscan X431 which he's said was delivered with a S/N that was then used to activate tool and connect to his android cell phone so I presume there's more than 1 type of X431 tool out there.......does this make sense?
Old 06-24-2019, 03:20 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hizus

Icarsoft por2 is very good. Does resetting and injector coding.

I would say for the cost it’s a good diagnostic tool and resetting various special functions.

Its not as as good as high end obviously but you can see all modules so helps fault finding.

It’s also updated online very easy to do. I have done 2 updates so far.
Will that unit reset the transmission adaptation? I emailed the manufacturer who responded but did not answer my question.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Confused as NelaK has an icarscan X431 which he's said was delivered with a S/N that was then used to activate tool and connect to his android cell phone so I presume there's more than 1 type of X431 tool out there.......does this make sense?
"X431" I believe is a software series from Launch which is used on lots of different Launch models - and apparently sub-Launch models.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:45 PM
tappets
Advanced

"X431" I believe is a software series from Launch which is used on lots of different Launch models - and apparently sub-Launch models.
Yes so it seems.............not to worry, i'll get to the bottom of this eventually. Very difficult to sell someone a product, keep the $ and not send the product when PayPal used. I guess we'll see how good their buyer protection plan is?

I just had no idea other I needed other devices with specific S/N's to be able to activate this tool as it wasn't mentioned anywhere on here so at least Iv'e highlighted this issue with this tool http://www.x431tool.com/wholesale/x431-diagun-dbscar-bluetooth-connector.html
Old 06-25-2019, 07:06 AM
tappets
Advanced

Yes so it seems.............not to worry, i'll get to the bottom of this eventually. Very difficult to sell someone a product, keep the $ and not send the product when PayPal used. I guess we'll see how good their buyer protection plan is?

I just had no idea other I needed other devices with specific S/N's to be able to activate this tool as it wasn't mentioned anywhere on here so at least Iv'e highlighted this issue with this tool http://www.x431tool.com/wholesale/x431-diagun-dbscar-bluetooth-connector.html
Ok refunded by above............now lets try again! Will get that tool if it's the last thing I do as you all know I'll need it eventually LOL!
Old 06-25-2019, 12:23 PM
NelaK
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I think I understand your issue now. The link that you posted is NOT for the iCarScan tool. It is a replacement bluetooth adapter for their other professional line tools. That is probably why they were asking for the serial number. That adapter will require you to have one of the dedicated tablet scan tool devices that a professional mechanic's shop might purchase.
The following users liked this post:
deilenberger (06-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Diagnostic Tool