Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

955 Battery drain - Park Assist ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Chris Brown
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 955 Battery drain - Park Assist ?

Hi guys - my first post here so thank you everyone for the great info on this site.

Im experiencing flat battery issues so dove into things this evening.
Measuring battery drain all seems normal until some module/relay or something that’s under the driver steering wheel starts cycling power on and off.
Drain is 0.23A when not powered, then this module powers up and the draw jumps to 2.6A and stays on for maybe 10seconds. This cycle happens every minute or so.
I then tried the same with the car locked but alarm disarmed (double push of remote). Same thing but the cycle is less frequent.

Only thing I noticed when this happened is that the parking sensor button near the front dome flashes its little LED, weird right!!

So I’m wondering, has anyone seen this before, or have any ideas.
Ive never had an issue with the infamous steering column issue, so I don’t think it’s that. Maybe the park assist module. ??
Or maybe just because my battery is currently a little low, 11.9V whilst doing these tests.

Thanks for your input.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:22 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Hi Chris - and welcome to the forums.

Two suggested items to read:

First, if you haven't: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...his-first.html <-- it covers the basics

And then: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-moisture.html <-- this may be more specific to your issue. When wacky electrical shidt happens in a Cayenne - this is the first place to look.

I'd also suggest when posting questions to the forum that you include not only the series (955. 957) of your Cayenne, but also the year/engine. Some items are model/year/engine specific - if you ask better questions you get better answers.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:09 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a battery drain issue on my 957 a couple years ago. It turned out to be my head unit was cycling on and off randomly even when it was parked and off. The only "fix" was to replace it - but that would have cost something like $3500 or something crazy, so I bought a new Pioneer head unit instead.

Quick Reply: 955 Battery drain - Park Assist ?