Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks the same shiny bright copper

looks clean
Old 02-06-2019, 08:22 PM
quoris
Track Day

So i am out of places to look. I have spent about 10-15hrs on the internet looking for answers. I am at a loss. I am getting ready to come to terms with making the 3hr drive to the dealership and drop 2-4g on a repair bill. I am stuck with it now i can't sell it. If it starts all is good it never dies. It has not left me stranded so far, but it may one day. As for now all i do is turn off and on the key until the gear selector shows only P and then all is ok. I have never had to take any of my cars to the dealership before but I can't get a factory service manual for the pig so i don't have any good information on it. I did buy the one on ebay but it was incomplete and pages were randomized and not in order. So if our community here at Rennlist can't figure it out my two options are take the car in or pay a stupid amount of money to porsche.com for access to the factory service manual. I will pull some fresh coeds with Durametric and up load the pic. I hope we can fix this thing.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 PM
quoris
Track Day

These are the only faults that will not clear. The 1299 code is "currently active". from what i have read the Gateway is some type of data buss. The way my car acts this may be the problem but can't find any good info on how to trouble shoot it.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:57 AM
quoris
Track Day

I need some help!!! if I have missed something let me know. I don't want to give up and take it to the dealership.I want to drive this Cayenne till the tires fall off. I love this car/truck. If some one has info in the 1299 code and how to trouble shoot it please PM me or post.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:59 AM
kadn33
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Since there is no communication error in other modules it might be that the gateway itself is acting up and a reset could help. In my 04 CS is fuse #40 but check your manual and once located remove it for a few seconds then reinstall. Disconnecting the battery for a while should do as well if you cannot locate the fuse.
Did you check the battery as recommended earlier in the post?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:14 PM
quoris
Track Day

Ya i did pull that #40 fuse about a two months ago and replaced the battery about 5 weeks ago. No change.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:47 AM
LastFrontier92
7th Gear

Try this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/651182-2004-cayenne-s-brake-proportioning-warning-and-stuck-in-park.html

One of the Cayenne owners stated that it happened to his 08Cayenne. On his dash, it showed ignition failure. I can attest to this as it happened to me as well about 2 years ago. I took my Cayenne to the dealership and the mechanics pulled the carpet, as stated before from other members of Rennlist, and the mechanic found (3) corroded wires. Once the wires were repaired/ spliced, the car started working. I hope this helps.

Edit: the mechanic pulled the driver side carpet and removed harness covering.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:36 AM
quoris
Track Day

I read that post a couple months ago and pulled that relay. Found a bit of resistance. I cleaned it, and it tested well after cleaning the stab in's. Thought I had found the problem because of the vast improvement. After about 3-5 days the problem came back. Not sure what to do. So today i bought a new relay from Porsche because the problem could be inside the relay. I am doing the last ditch effort before taking it into the dealership. I don't think the new relay will fix anything because after cleaning the stab-ins it tested great! But I am "living on a prayer"
Old 02-23-2019, 12:53 AM
quoris
Track Day

SO I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!! so about two months ago i found this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ots-codes.html so i put that in the back of my brain matter and continued looking for my problem. well I am at my "2:30am last call for drinks" and well when i put the high beams on i get an error so i thought I should fix this. Not sure why but i thought it would be a good idea but I banged on the head light and it moved in by an 1/8th inch and now my problem is gone. it has been about 2 weeks and no issue " well on a frozen morning it had popped back up. I banged on the head light and it started" so if you have the random codes and the wires look good take a look at the head lights. I think mine had a bad electrical connection, or maybe you have water in you head light module like he did.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:39 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,153 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by quoris
SO I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!! so about two months ago i found this thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ots-codes.html so i put that in the back of my brain matter and continued looking for my problem. well I am at my "2:30am last call for drinks" and well when i put the high beams on i get an error so i thought I should fix this. Not sure why but i thought it would be a good idea but I banged on the head light and it moved in by an 1/8th inch and now my problem is gone. it has been about 2 weeks and no issue " well on a frozen morning it had popped back up. I banged on the head light and it started" so if you have the random codes and the wires look good take a look at the head lights. I think mine had a bad electrical connection, or maybe you have water in you head light module like he did.
If you browse around here a bit - you'll find that is a very common problem. Usually, the connector that unplugs when you remove the headlight gets wonky. Some people remove the connector from the bracket in the body and simply manually plug it into the headlight while installing the headlight. That part of the harness is also a short stub part - easily replaceable - and known to have some problems. It wasn't Porsche's best design.

Quick Reply: Won't start need help