Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to. Open hood with broken release cable and no emergency release

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 08:58 PM
Engineermedic
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My cables are broken also Please PM me.

2004 Cayenne S. Please PM me, Thank you, Jimmie
Old 11-13-2023, 10:30 PM
Shellyfr
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Engineermedic
2004 Cayenne S. Please PM me, Thank you, Jimmie
please PM me also. I hit a deer and I can’t get my hood open. All damage is cosmetic-but I obviously need to get my hood open to fix it. Appears both cables came disconnected
Old 11-14-2023, 12:51 AM
19psi
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Shellyfr
please PM me also. I hit a deer and I can’t get my hood open. All damage is cosmetic-but I obviously need to get my hood open to fix it. Appears both cables came disconnected
See #13
Old 11-14-2023, 02:25 AM
Engineermedic
3rd Gear

Default How to Release Hood no Emergency Releases

Pull the front grill out it is tape-held, and there is an opening rectangular approximately 2" x 5" Get a long pair of needle nose pliers and a strong flashlight. The cable will be on the left side and pull it, your hood will release. I have a 2004 Cayenne S with a broken latch cable and no emergency release, I watched every forum and pulled both fender wells out no cable release. I finally told the Wife one morning I was getting under the hood to check and top fluids today, it took me approximately a half hour and it was done.
Old 07-13-2024, 10:39 PM
Porchegurl19
2nd Gear

Default I'm in the same boat any solution?

Originally Posted by Morganmobile
Hi all

On the weekend Intried to open my hood / bonnet but there was no resistance on the release lever.

Pulled the passenger side arch liner to use the emergency release and guess what, no resistance there either!! It turns out both cables had popped out of the lock unit!???!!!

I have a solution to this but as you can understand I do not want to put it out on the internet for all to find, so if any of you find yourselves in a similar situation I will happily inform you, but you must be a forum member. So either reply here or dm me.
I'm in the same boat any solution? I'm freaking out. please help any solutions
The following users liked this post:
Engineermedic (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 10:49 PM
Engineermedic
3rd Gear

Smile Locked Porsche Cayenne S Body 955

Originally Posted by Porchegurl19
I'm in the same boat any solution? I'm freaking out. please help any solutions
Pull the front grill out it is tape-held, and there is an opening rectangular approximately 2" x 5" Get a long pair of needle nose pliers and a strong flashlight. The cable will be on the left side and pull it, your hood will release. I have a 2004 Cayenne S with a broken latch cable and no emergency release, I watched every forum and pulled both fender wells out no cable release. I finally told the Wife one morning I was getting under the hood to check and top fluids today, it took me approximately a half hour and it was done. Hope this helps and I am not afraid to get the word out there. We should all know a workaround to a $1,000.00 dealer trip.
The following users liked this post:
Porchegurl19 (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 11:01 PM
Porchegurl19
2nd Gear

Default Hood release

Thank you, I'll have to try this.

Quick Reply: How to. Open hood with broken release cable and no emergency release