Sponsored by:

Bore scoring. I know it’s been covered already , but different question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Morganmobile
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tats
Grab a 9v pp3 battery and make up some leads. Take the connector off the vvti solenoid and use the leads and battery to cycle them. So hold -ve on one spade connector and tap away at the other, then reverse. Should get a thuck sound if they’re free. I did mine every few months like this on my 05 as they were a bit sticky and made the car sound like a diesel. After regular flushes, oil changes and cycling they came unstuck and never happened again. I then did it as preventative maintenance.
Forgive me for my blindness, but could you please show the location of the valve timing solenoids? I cannot find them.
I would like to check them out, as it seems unlikely that borescoring would not get worse after 13,5tKM

My P!G sat unused for over one year before I bought it, I have replaced all fluids, but i feel the oil system has some gumming. I would like to flush but it seems to be not recommended on these engines.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:40 AM
tats
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at the engine from the front. On each bank right in front of you, you have a black plastic dome about an inch and a half round, sticking out of the engine on a 45 degree angle, the connector is under the dome. You can’t miss them-the left one is about two inch below and and a bit behind the oil filler cap. They’re right behind the maf connectors.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:52 AM
Morganmobile
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tats
Look at the engine from the front. On each bank right in front of you, you have a black plastic dome about an inch and a half round, sticking out of the engine on a 45 degree angle, the connector is under the dome. You can’t miss them-the left one is about two inch below and and a bit behind the oil filler cap. They’re right behind the maf connectors.
“Removes head from a@$”

Feel like a proper idiot now . Have seen them but not put 2 and 2 together.

Now off to find a 9v battery

Quick Reply: Bore scoring. I know it’s been covered already , but different question