Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered an S today

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

Thanks all of you guys. What a great board!

Brett et. al. we went through much the same process when we ordered the X. Put an RFP together from Edmunds (did not show prices) with options/colors we wanted and faxed it to local dealers.

If anyone cares, the lowest bidder at the time was only $2,500 below sticker (this was February 2001 and x's were still "hot" then) total price of $58K for a 4.4i with the sport package and virtually all the options offered at that time. The winning bidder was a Marlow Heights BMW dealer who delivered the truck to the house on a flatbed. We never even visited the dealership. I really wanted to buy from BMW of Arlington (who also sells Porsche and has a great reputation in this area) but they would only knock $1,000 off.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:02 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could've gotten almost 15% off one on the lot, but I really wanted the air suspension and smooth leather. I think the dealership had a slow month.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:03 AM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Dealer told me today that the light wood is no longer being offered with black interior. I settled for the dark wood package, but might switch it out when it arrives; if I don't like it.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:02 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by LegoDoom
Dealer told me today that the light wood is no longer being offered with black interior. I settled for the dark wood package, but might switch it out when it arrives; if I don't like it.
Actually, I just ordered mine last week, and all my options were available but the light wood, so had to go with the dark wood.

Had the opportunity to order one for the March production run, but they couldn't give me the electric steering column option.

It seems, Porsche has so many parts at such a time and it's either first come first served, or "this is what we got" as in the case with the lite wood.

So, I can dig the dark wood, and I get all my options as requested.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:11 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Maybe I just understood my dealer wrong, thanks for the clarification.

I'll see how it looks, but I may change it down the line.

Quick Reply: Ordered an S today