Remus tips (blurry)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:58 PM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remus tips (blurry)

just posting picstures of my Cayenne with the Remus tips on. Just got this new digital camera and haven't figured it out yet (not that there is much to figure out - I am just a crappy photographer: any tips Jeff?) I decided to just put the tips on, the exhasut would have voided the emissions warranty or so I was told at least. Also had the Fabspeeds put on - they add an aggressive note and high end pullaway power is noticeably greater. Here are the pics:

Old 01-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Periokid
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

I am confused.. You say that you did not put on an exhaust but then you say the fabspeeds make a nice sound. What did you do?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:21 PM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

sorry, here is the clarification

I put the Remus TIPS ONLY on - the tips (the dual tail pipes in the pic) are seperate from the actual muffler piece. That is because I was planning to do the Remus exhaust system and had changed my rear valence to a Cayenne TT one. I then put on the Fabspeed bypass pipes which gives a little more power and more aggressive sound.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:26 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he means he put the cat bypass pipes on.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Periokid
Pro

So let me get this straight...putting cat bypass pipes does not effect the emissions warranty but putting mufflers does? Seems backwards.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:50 PM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Sorturbo, Did you have to order the Cayenne Turbo rear black plastic cover inorder for the twin turbo tips to fit?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Try taking the photographs on an overcast day. Try taking the photograph in the early morning. These conditions provides optimum lighting.

Try bracing the camera and your body into a steady structure while snapping the shot, to reduce camera motion during exposure.

Please post future photographs with the camera at a lower resolution setting, not more than 640 x 480. The wait time is unacceptable for these two photographs.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:06 AM
SorTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

So let me get this straight...putting cat bypass pipes does not effect the emissions warranty but putting mufflers does? Seems backwards.
the remus and the fabspeed will both void the warranty. however, the fabspeeds are bolt on/off so if need be they can be replaced with the cats when going in for inspection / service. the exhaust on the other hand would involve cutting the sealed components of the cayenne; therefore, there would be no way of getting around the warranty issue

Sorturbo, Did you have to order the Cayenne Turbo rear black plastic cover inorder for the twin turbo tips to fit?
yeah I got the part from Brandywine Porsche - I think I paid around 250 including shipping

[IMG]Try taking the photographs on an overcast day. Try taking the photograph in the early morning. These conditions provides optimum lighting.
Try bracing the camera and your body into a steady structure while snapping the shot, to reduce camera motion during exposure.
Please post future photographs with the camera at a lower resolution setting, not more than 640 x 480. The wait time is unacceptable for these two photographs.
[/IMG]

and I thought a good camera ALWAYS took good pictures (I bought the Canon S50 because a friend recommended it) I will take some more pics in the daylight with a friggin tripod and post more
Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM
Periokid
Pro

SorTurbo,

Thanks for the explaination. I was really baffled. I did not realize the at fabspeed exhaust required welding. I thought it was a bolt on part.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:39 PM
dfar
Advanced

Try the auto focus auto format dial on the camera. I have a Nikon 4300 and take pics anywhere any time and they look great.

Anyway, I also am thinking of the Fabspeed parts and was waiting for your comments. Sounds good

Quick Reply: Remus tips (blurry)