Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2005 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You should be able to get a key from the dealership that will work, if it is the key fob chip set. Bring the title with you, showing you are the owner, and they will order a new key. I think I paid about $75 for an Audi key a couple years ago. No coding or cutting required. You should also look into wire corrosion under the front carpet - both sides. That will cause all kinds of problems.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Bizzy2233
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A little more progress today

Today I was able to make a little more progress. Seat tilted back pulled the carpet still pretty damp and now the drains have been working for about 2 weeks. Rolled back the carpet dried it with towels and pulled all the wet tape off the wires. I am going to let it all dry out for 2 full days. Tomorrow Night i am going to rewire all wires that have a break in them at any point. I was also able to pull another plug to help with drying and some more watter removal. The keys also came in the mail and am working on getting them programmed as we speak.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:22 AM
dorumac
Intermediate

Base models have little or no split cables under the carpet.
There is a possibility that your car to have an error, not a burned module. If you have a durametric, reset all the codes and try to start the car. The errors cannot be cleared with a regular code reader.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Bizzy2233
AutoX

Exclamation 10/25/18 update

Well here is an update. I have been in all kinds of classes to get my lending liscense and mortgage bank back open so I have not had as much time to play with the car as I would like. I have been able to compete the following.

A.) Pulled up the carpet and finally got the carpet dried out.
B.)Cut and spliced all the wires that were in the wet area that had a water intrusion point.
C.) re wrapped all the wires
D.) Sent out the ECU of the car and had the IMMO turned off from an ecu level. I am still getting Immobilizer active even with the ECU bypassed.
E.)I also tuched the negative and positive terminals together for a hard reset.

They Key that I have will unlock and lock the doors from the Fob. However if i lock the doors with he remote and then manually unlock the door with the key and try and start the car the alarm comes on and flashers flash. If I remove the key and hit the unlock button the alarm on the car stops but still reads Immobilizer active.

Any other ideas? Knowing that it is bypassed at an ECU level not sure what to try next.

Thanks Biz

Last edited by Bizzy2233; 10-25-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Hi Biz..

Questions:

Who turned off the "IRMO" (and what does that stand for? That acronym isn't familiar to me).

By "turned off" - what does that mean?

ECU bypassed - what does that mean?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Bizzy2233
AutoX

IMMO was turned off in the ECU tomorroe i am using durametric to reset all codes again and having two new keys programmed.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizzy2233
IMMO was turned off in the ECU tomorroe i am using durametric to reset all codes again and having two new keys programmed.
How as IMMO turned off? And who did it with what tool?
Old 10-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Bizzy2233
AutoX

Thumbs up Followup

Originally Posted by deilenberger
How as IMMO turned off? And who did it with what tool?
I did research and found someone whom programs ecu’s For all kinds of after market options. Such as ECU’s from other cars being able to work without a full new ECU and Recode. There shop also does all kinds of test and tune stuff for all kinds of cars with aftermarket ECU programming for such things as added HP and Boost on Turbo cars. I am not looking to get anyone in trouble or anything and I am sure with a few google searches and some time you can also find this company. I do not know what tool as I mailed it to them and they mailed it back. Again I was trade this car as a fun project so I am just playing with options and working out solutions to problems as I find them and in cost order of cheapest to most expensive. At this point 270$ total into the car and looking forward to a Durametric full reset tonight to see if the motor attempts to turn over.

I will keep you in the loop. There are multiple shops online that offer IMMO bypass or IMMO delete services.

Thanks Biz
Old 10-26-2018, 07:19 PM
Wisconsin Joe
Nordschleife Master

Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Who is going to program your new keys?
Old 10-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Databuss
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Immobilizer

Did you ever get this resolved??