Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the electric tailgate closer be added?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

My apologies for pulling this thread away from its intended direction. Back to the topic at hand....... retrofitting the assisted close function to the rear tailgate door.

Cay or Gert, any additional details you can supply????
Old 01-24-2004, 12:20 PM
Cay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Toby Pennycuff
etrofitting the assisted close function to the rear tailgate door.

Cay or Gert, any additional details you can supply????
If you guys are really interested in this feature why you dont go to your dealers? I dont think this is a selfmadejob cuz a relais need to be installed (on older cayennes, actual ones have it allready in but I`m sure we all dont know where) and this job needs some wiring and skills. And only Porsche Centers have the complete wiring plan.

With this job you also can test the creativity from your dealer cuz the easiest for a dealer is to say NO, not possible and no retrofit available from PAG.

Mine even makes it possible to exchange the RPM Tachometer from my former 964 RS with one from a C2 WITH Bordcomputer. Ok, he couldnt add all functions but digital speed and outside temerature. In this case he used a wire set from a Opel Astra cuz the Porsche Repair Kit is expensive like hell and you need to bother with every single wire. In case of the hatch motor they use a wire kit from a VW Passat. So - if your dealer is willing to help you out he can make it happen - if not you better go to another one.

Unfortunally he saw no way to readd tire pressure control becouse of the bunch of antennas - would end in a horror bill he said. But with the hatch is definately possible - like said I paid 300 euro.

Quick Reply: Can the electric tailgate closer be added?