Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen2 2088-2010 V6 w Manual impressions? Value?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

Originally Posted by Pillow
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help in research and locating a Cayenne!

We did find a 2010 Cayenne S that fit the bill... Auto, but I gave up on the MT due to impossibility to find.

It is sad sad sad to see some of the destroyed Cayennes out there... And we were only looking at the 2009-2010 range! Inaccurate photos and shady descriptions for trashed cars gets exhausting! It is not Excellent unless it is Excellent!

Anyway here is what we are picking up in the next day or two: https://www.mackmotors.net/inventory/details/48378183
* Mack has been great. A real car guy that hand selects the vehicles which are clean and ready for action. No drama and no BS. Refreshing experience compared to most of the shady AF used car lots.

2010 Cayenne S White / Tan 89k fairly loaded up and with the wood package. The tan interior with the wood just looks money to me. Drives like new!

Only a few items that need addressed:
- One wheel has a nick
- Rear vent louver is broken (hopefully I can find a new vent and not too much trouble to replace)
- One key... Yeah that is annoying and expensive little bit

To Do:
- Roof crossbars and rack for junk
- 2nd set of wheels/tires one AT/winter and one HT
- Add a factory Tow Hitch with 7 pin for a Prodigy brake controller for our 1948 30' Spartan Mansion travel trailer.

Now the fun begins!

Thank You!
Congrats. Looks very nice.

I notice it has black floor mats and gauge. I bring that up because I'm going to have a spare black leather steering wheel with the same dark wood coming out of my 2009 TTS. I have 2 of them because I'm retro fitting some Mercedes paddle shifters to one of them and wanted to be able to continue driving the car while I was doing the wheel cutting and fitting.

If you'd be interested, let me know.

It's this wheel.

You would reuse your beige airbag and the only black that would show are the leather thumbs area and bottom along with the buttons. Not sure exactly when I'll get to the project, but figured I'd mention it.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Pillow
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Definite maybe on that offer Petza. I agree that a wood wheel would pull it all together! (I actually thought the wood package would have included the wheel to begin with, but Porsche and + options are odd.)

The mats in there now are the Porsche rubber winter mats. The tan cloth Porsche mats are in the rear. It is nice to have the option in bad weather.

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2018, 03:35 PM
wbaker911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Congrats. Looks very nice.

I notice it has black floor mats and gauge. I bring that up because I'm going to have a spare black leather steering wheel with the same dark wood coming out of my 2009 TTS. I have 2 of them because I'm retro fitting some Mercedes paddle shifters to one of them and wanted to be able to continue driving the car while I was doing the wheel cutting and fitting.

If you'd be interested, let me know.

It's this wheel.

You would reuse your beige airbag and the only black that would show are the leather thumbs area and bottom along with the buttons. Not sure exactly when I'll get to the project, but figured I'd mention it.
Where did you get those amazing floor mats?
Old 12-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Pillow
Racer

Agreed! Where did those mats come from... They are the sex!
Old 12-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,772 Likes on 4,310 Posts

Originally Posted by wbaker911
Where did you get those amazing floor mats?
They are awesome. They're from a company called Autopreme. I actually bought them during their Kickstarter funding promotion. They're a synthetic leather with the diamond pattern stitched through. They ended up releasing 3 different levels of them - mine are the basic one, then they had a Premium that added carpets on top of the basic ones that were removable for cleaning and then they had a really high end version that embossed the material with a type of carbon fiber pattern that would look superb in any car with carbon fiber trim. They came in different colors and had different colors of stitching available too. They go up the sides to completely cover and protect the OEM carpets and this also makes cleaning the car a breeze since there aren't seams for little pieces of whatever to get stuck in - you just brush all the junk from the center out the door, then give them a quick wipe with a damp rag. They're held in place by some little plastic tabs that swivel around and tuck into the seams of trim pieces, like the center console, door sill, etc. The mats for the rear seat are a full width continuous piece and even protect the center hump.

Now that I've got you really excited...

...they're out of business

I tried contacting them via phone, e-mail, the web inquiry link and through some individual email addresses I had for them from the kickstarter program as I liked these so much, I wanted to order sets for all my other Pcars. The website (www.autopreme.com) says manufacturing has shut down and they're no longer taking orders for the products. No response from the web inquiry message or the phone message I left on their voicemail and the other 3 messages I sent to individuals came back as undeliverable so they mush have shut down the e-mail server.

I'm really psyched I took a shot during their kickstarter campaign and have these for my Cayenne, but bummed I can't get them for my other cars. The next best ones I've found are in my 928 and 997 from a company called Inpelle and they are full leather and also stitched in a diamond pattern but not a quilted and designed like regular mats without the full coverage.

Here are a few additional pics.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Pillow
Racer

Dang it Petza.... You are dead to me now. (JK)

Really those are incredible mats!

... Makes the normal "high end" Llyods UltraLux mats look like poop. (I still like the Lloyds mats though, for a few hundred they are thick and luxurious for summer flip-flop bare feet while driving.)

Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 113 Posts

They are awesome. They're from a company called Autopreme. I actually bought them during their Kickstarter funding promotion. They're a synthetic leather with the diamond pattern stitched through. They ended up releasing 3 different levels of them - mine are the basic one, then they had a Premium that added carpets on top of the basic ones that were removable for cleaning and then they had a really high end version that embossed the material with a type of carbon fiber pattern that would look superb in any car with carbon fiber trim. They came in different colors and had different colors of stitching available too. They go up the sides to completely cover and protect the OEM carpets and this also makes cleaning the car a breeze since there aren't seams for little pieces of whatever to get stuck in - you just brush all the junk from the center out the door, then give them a quick wipe with a damp rag. They're held in place by some little plastic tabs that swivel around and tuck into the seams of trim pieces, like the center console, door sill, etc. The mats for the rear seat are a full width continuous piece and even protect the center hump.

OK. Now that was pretty good.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:59 PM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Aliexpress is your friend, there are a bunch of sellers selling this kind of mats. No idea on quality...

Quick Reply: Gen2 2088-2010 V6 w Manual impressions? Value?