Sponsored by:

BODYSHOP recommendations in Los Angeles area

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 PM
LA986S
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BODYSHOP recommendations in Los Angeles area

My car was involved in a fairly large accident this weekend. I need some advice on a good body shop in the LA area, particularly near West LA. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I cant recommend a shop but I have a few pointers. Demand original new Porsche parts don't accept aftermarket panels or believe it or not used junk yard stuff. Don't pay until you are satisfied with the quality of the work least they have the upper hand. Take pictures of the vehicle to show where damage isn't like the stearing wheel, panels and so on. Be very specific in the quality of the finish and have it in writting. If it is a metallic color only the best re finishers will be able to get an even finish. Try to find a shop with a down draft paint booth and take a look at some of their recent work in the daylight. Which leads me to the last point, never but never even if it means waiting the weekend pick up the car in anything other than bright sunlight. I am sure others can add to this list. We had a vehicle once where they painted the entire bumper blue when it had a black trim before. The owner walked out and looked at the car and couldn't understand why we didn't accept it. Just beware, Good luck it is stressful.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:42 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Venice Collision...speak to Raj, one of the owners.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:39 AM
LeeR
Racer

My Boxster is currently being repaired at Golden Hammer in West LA. It's just south of Pico and west of Sawtelle, on Butler. Was recommended by my service guy at Beverly Hills Porsche. It's a big operation for a body shop. Operation looks very clean and professional, unlike most body shops which appear to be one big mess. Specialize in Jag and Porsche and a few other high end cars. The insurance adjuster said they do excellent work, FWIW. Good Luck.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:10 PM
brickerson
Advanced

I've had very good experience with Brace's in MDR.

Quick Reply: BODYSHOP recommendations in Los Angeles area