Sponsored by:

Boxster squeek...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 12:28 PM
matt houston
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boxster squeek...

Recently, I've noticed a squeek (sounds like loose change) every time the car hits a little bump in the road. The noise sounds like it's coming from behind me,perhaps under the engine cover. I've checked the cover and it's sealed tight...also checked the top(makes the sound up or down) and I made sure the seat belts weren't tapping. Could it be the suspension?
Not a big deal...just annoying! Any thoughts?
Old 08-14-2003, 01:46 AM
Sean M.
Instructor

I had a squeak coming from my drivers side......Sprayed the door jamb mechanism with WD-40 and it went away! Although your squeak may be different, you might try this quick fix. I was surprised at the results.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:52 PM
smayster
Rennlist Member

I noticed a squeak behind driver's door, but only when window is open and/or top is down. I first thought it WAS the door, but could hear a little vibration in the top assembly at the end of the opening process. Figured that's where it was coming from. I could also hear a vibration when certain low frequencies were hit by the stereo. Actually, my S is in the shop right now getting it fixed (I hope), as it's under warranty. I'll let you know if they find anything.

Scott
Old 09-26-2003, 06:55 AM
Pebbles
Track Day

Hi Matt.....read this http://www.986faq.com/10-0/problems.asp#017
Sounds like your problem.

Ad
Old 09-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Helen
Racer

have you checked that the top of the seats isn't touching the roll bar mesh?

if it is it will make a sqeek every time you go over a bump.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:56 AM
BoxsterS
3rd Gear

Damn squeeks & creaks! I had a couple of strange sounds only a few months in to my 02 BoxsterS. The first was a strange metal "rattle" when I went over small bumps and it came from the driver's door. As it turns out, the dealer had to tighten down the latching mechanism on the inside, and it's been fine since.
The other creaking sound comes from the top occasionally somewhere behind the driver as I go up driveways at an angle or otherwise put torsional stress on the car. The dealer has to take care of this for me also(though it's been a few months) as they've told me it's coming from one or more of the ribs inside the convertable top (from dust & other particulates). Hope this helps!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Helen
Racer

other reasons for bumping sounds.

1) something loose in the spare wheel bag. I found a bottle of window wash that the dealer had slipped into the bag,everytime i went round a sharp corner it clonked against the spare wheel.

2)something dropped down into the space under the seats. i found a packet of sweets that had rolled into the hole under the drivers seat.

Quick Reply: Boxster squeek...