Sponsored by:

Bras and Lingerie

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 04:50 PM
PaulK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bras and Lingerie

Anyone have experience with various brands of Bras for the Box (Porsche, Colgan, Wolf, Speed Lingerie)? What about Armorfend, 3M films, etc.? I have used bras on my 911 and two 944's and wondered about your experience with Boxsters
Old 09-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Helen
Racer

i wouldn't know what cup size to buy.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I like the 3M covering. Had a bra and was way to much work to keep it clean. A little sand/road grit under the bra and look out. I wouldnt recommend Stone Guard there customer service is non-responsive/ There are others all useing basically the same product. Get a complete kit that covers all the strike zones.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:06 PM
91C2wrencher
Racer

Oh, this is about cars. Very disappointed
Old 09-07-2003, 09:05 AM
utahrpm
7th Gear

I've had Le Bra brand bras on two vehicles and they are unique as they say you can leave them on after being wet without harm. In my experiance, this is correct. A great benefit. However, if it was wet it also may be gritty and now you have the problem of cleaning it up, a chore at best. I just purchased a '01 Boxster that had 15K of no-bra use, including a winter season, so it was not perfect. I decided to just protect the hood area with a Mag Bra (magbra.com) as the bumper area was already chipped and I was put off by the cost of the clear films and the ridge on the hood. I just did a 4K road trip with it and am very happy. The black "bra" looks great on the Meridian Silver car, giving it an aggressive look. If I had a brand new unblemished car to work with I would seriously consider applying the clear film to the nose and using the Mag Bra on the hood, as its' purposeful look appeals to me more then the semi-clear ridge running across the hood of the clear bra type products. Mag bra has an informative website, and if you call you will talk to the P-Car developer of the product, as this is a sideline for him. The Web site FAQ talks about use restrictions that when you speak with him are obviously there so as to cover his butt. (Specifically as to how long you can leave it on)
Old 09-07-2003, 10:18 PM
PaulK
Instructor

I went ahead and bought a Porsche bra for now off of ebay for $97 plus $7 shipping from a dealer. That is better pricing than my local dealer at $140.

I don't understand how you could leave a bra on when wet though, unless it was somehow porous or breathable. I will still go through the routine of taking it off, drying it out, brushing the felt to get the sand off, etc. I just hate massive stone chips that much I guess.

I could not see $500 for SpeedLingerie though even though they look cool.

I may yet check out some kind of film.

I drive in heavy traffic on the DC beltway so my plan is to keep it on during the week and off during weekends.

It fits OK and looks OK with the Artic Silver.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I have the Xpel clear bra on my car and love it. At $850 to have it professsionally installed, it wasn't cheap but I feel better knowing road debris won't sully the paint. Many people have said it's a DIY install but I didn't have time to mess around with getting it right.

Bear in mind that sharp rocks can tear the film but leave the paint intact. The Speed Lingerie bra sounds appealing except for the hassle of taking it on and off and the issue of grit.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:37 AM
tchang
AutoX

If you are still looking for a Boxster Bra, I am selling a brand new OEM Porsche Boxster Bra (PNA-503-986-00) for $75 shipped. This Bra fits all Boxsters except "Boxster S". The Bra is brand new and has never been used. It also comes with a nice black carrying bag.

Pictures available. Email: tellyc@hotmail.com
Old 10-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Kimi322
Advanced

What color is it?

Quick Reply: Bras and Lingerie