Mag Bra any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 06:29 PM
utahrpm
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mag Bra any good?

Hi guys,
I did a archive search but didn't come up with any info. on Mag Bra (magbra.com). It is a removable, folding magnetic sheet that is custom fit to the hood of P-cars. Looks like a great idea for my upcoming big road trip. I've tired of the traditional bras, their attachment methods and the cleaning chores required with them (although I've had excellent results with LeBra brand covers on three previous cars). The permanent clear plastic bras seem too expensive and I don't really like the look anyway. Any user feedback?
Old 08-12-2003, 05:44 PM
fizbot
Track Day

Default mag Bra

I don't have personal experience with the MagBra you talk about, but I do use magnetic numbers on the side and front of my car for Driver Education events and find that after driving for a day (especially in any sort of wet condition), that enough fine dust/sand/dirt tends to find its way under the magnets and tends to leave a lot of abrasion under the magnet as it moves a little during driving. You might end up doing more harm then not using it at all. I also find that I have as many stone chips above where a bra would fit as below.

P.
Old 09-07-2003, 09:23 AM
utahrpm
7th Gear

Well if anyone is interested, I'm going to reply to my own post. I just completed a 4K road trip and am very happy with my Mag Bra. Stays on at speed, stays clean betwen the bra and the paint, protects and looks good. Obviously it only protects the hood metal but my cars nose was already pretty beat up by the previous owners 15K of braless travel.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

The track skins made by Elephant Racing are another great alternative to the Mag Bra since they cover the entire hood. If you look at my avatar, you can see the red and silver surface. I think it works wonderfully.

Elephant Racing's colors are more limited since they are phasing out the colors and will only stock black

Quick Reply: Mag Bra any good?