Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Non Heated Seats Be Converted?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
roygts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Non Heated Seats Be Converted?

Can non heated seat be retrofitted - with the proper Porsche parts to heated seats? Has anyone done this? Part #'s??
Roy
Old 08-05-2003, 09:59 AM
ettsn
Pro

This has been done, but to do it complete with all of the factory parts is very expensive, iirc. I also seem to remember that you could heat just the lower portion somewhat inexpensively (like the element was already in there or something?). I'll look for the writeup.

-Paul
Old 08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 143 Posts

My neighbor had this done on his 2000 Boxster S when he got it. The dealer had promised him heated seats, but then the car came through without them. The dealer retrofitted the car with heated seats to make it right. Last week I happened to be at that dealer with my neighbor. The dealer said it was the first and last time he would ever do this, that it was incredibly complicated and expensive. That's all I know about this topic, but at least you know it can be done. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
roygts
Advanced

Paul, Thanks very much . I appreciate it.
Roy
Old 08-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Boxster 3.4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I researched it a little last year and it is really not feasible unless your really don't care how much it costs. Parts list was long and expensive. Had to buy new foam cushions with heating elements as I could not find just element(s). Pay shop to remove seat skins and install the cushions and then reskin seat. Two switches, wiring haress(s), control units under seats, brackets for control units to name a few of the things.

I have a full set of factory maunals and parts catalog and spent a good part of one flight looking into it and decided to pass.

Someone once said that all seats have the bottom cushion heated but in my research & looking at the seat I determined that this is not the case for my 1999.

I could eally use them here in Iowa in the Fall but looks like I'll have to just crank the heat.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:36 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are willing to spend the money you can do it. Jeff

http://www.renntech.org/index.php?ac...=heated+seats&

Quick Reply: Can Non Heated Seats Be Converted?