Sponsored by:

2008 Boxster S reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:39 PM
boomboom
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2008 Boxster S reliable?

Thinking of buying an 08 RS60. Want to know your thoughts on reliability?
IMS, RMS issues for sure and other areas to be aware of. Car has a bit over 9K miles and is as new.
Lastly what is the consensus of the RS60 as a collector and an ever day driver?

Thanks
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

For possible enlightenment, look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-...er-info-3.html

Check out the link given in the thread. I have not bothered so I can't tell you what you'll find.

FWIW, I bought a new 08 Cayman S without any concern for short or long term reliability. (Unfortunately, I lost the car to an accident after just 4 weeks, 2200 miles, so I can't provide you with a report on its actual reliability.)

Might add that I could have easily bought an RS60 as several dealers had examples for sale, at considerable discount, while I was shopping for a Cayman. I already had (still have) a Boxster so I was not really keen on the idea of buying another one.

Given a time limit that has any value in your lifetime the RS60 is not going to become a collector's car.

'course, given a long enough time, it could become collectible. I mean people collect fossilized dinosaur poop, so well, there you go.

Seriously, buy the car because you want it, and you can find no reason to reject the car. Try to avoid paying too much for the car. Take reasonable care of the car. Drive the car and enjoy the car. Then if after who knows how many years if it comes to pass the car's developed a car collector following, bonus!

Quick Reply: 2008 Boxster S reliable?