Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time Porsche owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! Sounds you're on the right mind set, do all the preventative maintenance and enjoy for a long time!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

How's Boxster S ownership gone so far?
Mark/Pelican Parts
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 10-04-2013, 12:47 AM
jcanales925
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
How's Boxster S ownership gone so far? Mark/Pelican Parts
It's going great so far! I get a lot of stares while I'm in it, and the hate has slowed down which is nice. But now I'm just perfecting where my sweet spot is for shifting in each gear. I love the torque in it though! The roadster feel of it is unlike anything and the history behind Porsche is an info overload. I'm just enjoying cleaning her and keeping her looking nice I'm gonna need a rear window though :/ it's starting to crack in a couple spots
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Other than the AOS, RMS, and IMS bearing, the water pump comes to mind, the impeller is plastic and they've been known to rot and come apart. If you're looking at replacing the top's rear section, consider going for the glass upgrade. Smaller viewing cross section, but much nicer overall! Don't mean to spam in any way but I found GAHH recently and they might be a good source to consider. One of the little headaches I've also encountered are the microswitches in the door (three, two removable, one integrated into the locking mechanism.) All this stuff said though, WOW! what a great car the S is! and you've got a great looking one there too (best colour combo) Enjoy!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 AM
Davebrossi
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

One other thing; I noticed you've got headlamp washers as I do. the nozzle assemblies are VERY brittle after a while and can separate out from the actual pump manifold. I haven't seen any reliable vendor replacements save for buying an entire pump assembly, so be very careful with them, or if you're worried like I am, you can either remove them, or do what I did and make friends with epoxy beads carefully around the nozzles. That way you wont accidentally hit the washer lever and catapult a nozzle towards the windshield

Quick Reply: First time Porsche owner!