Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Audi Junkie
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side Intake Tweek & Desnorkel

Had it out for the desnorkel...

Repainted aluminum...

Added a smallish screen, functional. Pryed it out of a busted space heater and painted it Chevy Engine Block Red (orange).

Otherwise, it's coming along really well.

Intake/TB spray cleaning and Marvel Mystery Oil cleared up my clacky lifters. It's ready to run the second I turn the key.

Not bad for what I have into it. Success.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Audi Junkie
Instructor

Resprayed my calipers BBQ Black Gloss too. Kinda tricky w/o pulling the wheels, but....

I'll do a write-up on the intake cleaning. I found a very good inlet. Anyone here ever do a WATER intake cleaning? lol, we have a long road ahead.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
San Rensho
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Were you getting valve clatter on startup or all the time? Did you put the MMO in the fuel or the oil?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Audi Junkie
Instructor

Well, it was a lil smokey on start, even moreso the day after hammering it. Things took a few miles to settle down, with the ticky valvetrain and in general. Every day, it got a bit better, and a shorter distance until things were running normal. Smoke was just for a minute at cold idel

Upon adding MMO to the oil, it all quieted down and def quit smoking. Now, I did do a TB cleaning subsequently, but I give the old MMO credit. I'd just say to use it for a few hundred miles before draining. 8 or 9 quarts means at least 12-16 ounces. Put the rest in your gas.

I haven't had the car for more than a month, a 2002 w/42k.

I use 2-cycle in my fuel at 500:1, it may have also helped soften deposits before the TB cleaner blasted them off the valves. I use it in all my cars, all the time. We can talk about that in another thread, or here....later.

I should have mentioned the PSF changeover to ATF+4, that quieted the PS pump down a LOT.

Quick Reply: Side Intake Tweek & Desnorkel