Sponsored by:

IMS Failure - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Navin R Johnson
Jake, This might shock you but I don't care about what your customers say or how they spend their money. For that matter, I am not against you making a profit, this is the USA, make the stack as high as you can, that's the game, right? I've owned my own business, I've seen myself the differing styles, mine is just another opinion, it's not going to change your appointment book so relax.

PS I said the uninformed suckers were in my own town paying four large for a brake fluid change, you sir are the one who connected "suckers" with flat six not I. A quick search I found ten Boxsters for under 20K, draw your own conclusions mates.. When you can easily replace the entire car for less than the engine job one should pause and say hummmm.

Navin weren't you in that movie "The Jerk"?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:55 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people will spend 150k on maintenance driving a cup car in PCA races each year. Another might drop 120k restoring a 356. Jack seems to offer good free advice. All the experience he has and the little necessary upgrades cost money. Navin, you sound negative.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:20 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

There are lots of people who put more money into their cars than makes economic sense.

And there are people who own older Boxsters who could pay cash for a 918.

When you get right down to it, most of us could do just fine with a car costing around $16k.

To each his own. Be glad Jake offers the options he does to those who want it.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Navin R Johnson
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spare tire
Some people will spend 150k on maintenance driving a cup car in PCA races each year. Another might drop 120k restoring a 356. Jack seems to offer good free advice. All the experience he has and the little necessary upgrades cost money. Navin, you sound negative.

Some people commit crimes, it's just as arbitrary as the points you are trying to make. Hey you dudes want to drop 18K into a 986 go for it, I'm not any of your dads.

PS Comparing a 356 restoration to dropping 18k in a 986 is the laugh of the day, where you coming from with that? space? One is a collectible worth far more than it's original cost and one is a ubiquitously built car with no investment potential.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Navin R Johnson
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by spare tire
Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Navin weren't you in that movie "The Jerk"?

Yes I wrote, starred and partially directed, as far as you know.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Navin R Johnson
Yes I wrote, starred and partially directed, as far as you know.
OK, well I realize you were born a poor black child & have no concept of the term "discretionary income"
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Navin R Johnson
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
OK, well I realize you were born a poor black child & have no concept of the term "discretionary income"

Wow, that stings coming from a faceless stranger that knows nothing about me, oh wait it means nothing my bad. Man talk about getting off on the wrong foot. I didn't know one couldn't offer the opinion that 18K for a motor in a 12K car is crazy without wadding everyone's panties !

One last thing chum, if you measure people by their wealth then you're a dick
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Perhaps "measure" and "dick" are the two words in your above reply which potentially give insight into the tone of the dialogue in this thread. LOL
Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mr. Johnson is obviously new to Rennlist (and maybe Porsches as well) and for those of us with a little experience with the mark we are well aware of Jake's groundbreaking work and the results of his company's work.

Don't worry about this troll...
Old 07-01-2012, 02:37 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Navin, It's only money, what's the big deal?? $18/k's is chump change to most who play in this sandbox.

Reminds me of the guy who walked into Ferrari of Alpharetta and asked, "what's the gas mileage?"
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisc
Reminds me of the guy who walked into Ferrari of Alpharetta and asked, "what's the gas mileage?"
Hey, that was me. And the mileage sucked. I went with a 986 550SE.

Quick Reply: IMS Failure - Need Advice