Sponsored by:

We need Boxster Owners help reviewing our new Boxster parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray S
I like the look of the rear diffuser and rear wing. How does the wing attached? It appears to attach to the trunk lid (guessing with screws through the trunk) is it also attached where it appears to meet the rear fender?
Two bolts through the trunklid is the mounting/attachment method and the leading sedge is not attached it is just a tight fit.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 AM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The design of the rear diffuser really calls for a more aggresive side skirt. Something like GT3 MkII pic below. But once you do that you're going to have to give the the front bumper a bit more edge too, again like the GT3 front bumper below.

But the rear diffuser as you have it now is compelling because it gives the car an updated look that leans a bit more toward a factory look and is not too ricey.

I find that there seems to be no middle ground when it comes to this. Most will not make the investment for a mild change but neither do they want to go all Gemballa or TechArt style since those kits almost always require (stylistically speaking) the added cost of a far more aggresive wheel, usually in the 19" variety.
Less tire choices at higher cost....yay.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
ONAFLYER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the look of the front lip, think it adds a little something. Not as much as a GT3, but a nice touch. Any promo pricing for forum members?
Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Konrad Kuenstler
1st Gear

Default GT3 team needs boxster owner replies

I own an old 986, red, mostly stock except tranny and motor. I would like to put a new front bumper (lighter weight) and with screen grills instead of the black plastic (they look better and are slightly lighter and keep crap out of your ducts. Further, I love the speedster humps (they just look cool). I wish you guys had speedster humps that could just replace the back top lid so it would be lighter as well as look cool. Finally, a simple whale tale would be perfect. that is the set up that I am looking for to improve the looks of my 98 boxster. Finally, give us some good clean lights for both the front and rear that don't cost an arm and a leg and slide right in with easy to find bulbs when they burn out. Keep it simple, keep it light, keep it not too drastic, keep it affordable, make it quality, and let FORM FOLLOW FUNCTION and you will have a lot of buyers. Don't forget racing set ups for these cars. Porsche now has 2 new racing classes for the 986s (1) street, and (2) more modified. I would love to be able to go in and out of racing set-ups with my street driver.

Hope this helps you guys. Right now I am looking for a front bumper for my 1998 986....You have any suggestions...send them to me. Got a set of easy to install speedster humps for the 986....send me those suggestions too.

Thanks,

986 lover,

Konrad K
Old 01-01-2015, 01:34 PM
herve_g
Intermediate

2002 986 S owner here.

I'm not a fan of the whole package. The front bumper and the rockers align well, but viewed from the side, the rear bumper is way off.
As for looks, there's nothing I would consider purchasing because I like the way mine looks as it is.

Other thing that kind of bugs me: the fake diffuser in the rear. I think that form should always follow function.

Good luck though!

Quick Reply: We need Boxster Owners help reviewing our new Boxster parts