Sponsored by:

Two separate coolant leaks on my Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
crumbum
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two separate coolant leaks on my Boxster

I took my 2000 Boxster S for a little drive this morning. I planned to do an oil change (more on that in a separate posting) and went to get some supplies.

When I returned home, I noticed coolant dripping out from the left front (running out under the bumper). I said some choice words and then decided to look at it while the car is jacked up.

When I jacked the rear of the car up, I heard fluid running out from under the car. There was a HUGE leak in the right rear of the car. I popped the trunk lid and saw the coolant level drop and then stabilize.

Since then, it has been steadily dripping. I have a picture of the source (or what seems to be the source) of the leak. I have no idea what this part is (I think it might be associated with the water pump). I tightened the bolts, but no luck.

Any suggestions? By the way, I removed the bolt and re-installed it to see if the dripping increases or decreases. No change.
Attached Images   
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
crumbum
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got under the car and squeezed the coolant tube. Everytime I did that, coolant would start dripping out of that spot again.

I removed the coolant pump (WHAT AN ORDEAL) to see the condition of the pump and gasket.

See the pictures below what I found. There is no play in the bearing.

Could this be as easy as just the gasket? Can I be that lucky?

How would I know if it leaked at the pulley?

The areas that I marked up are very rough and could be the source of corrosion/leaking.

Quick Reply: Two separate coolant leaks on my Boxster