Sponsored by:

what is the coldest ....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
recycled sixties
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the coldest ....

Just wondering for those who use their P cars for winter driving, what is the coldest temperature they would start and use their Boxster if it was parked on the street?
Guy in the frozen north soon to experience his first winter Boxster experience.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by recycled sixties
Just wondering for those who use their P cars for winter driving, what is the coldest temperature they would start and use their Boxster if it was parked on the street?
Guy in the frozen north soon to experience his first winter Boxster experience.
With Mobil 1 0w-40 oil I'd start the car in any temp it would crank over and fire and run.

I left my Boxster outside in some pretty cold weather at various times. How cold? Well, I can't say exactly but I drove the car several winters in the mid-west and then and since then the car has been used to drive up to nearly the Canadian border and down into Michigan and across the mountains of the western USA in winter and I'd say the coldest temp is 0F maybe a few degrees below zero.

Be sure the coolant offers max protection against freezing and the battery is good and you have proper tires on the car.

Also, be sure the wipers are good the washer fluid tank is filled with washer fluid that *won't* freeze.

These are as good a car to drive in bad weather as they are to drive in the best weather.

Oh, pay attention to the window when you open the door. Sometimes the window would freeze and not drop. Bad enough when you open the door but worse when you close the door.

What I'd do is leave the door open and insert the key in the ignition and then turn the key on and work the window down button and at the same time gently push the window down until it broke free. It didn't take much force.

Lower and raise the window a bit to ensure it goes up and down, then close the door and raise the window all the way up. Then open the door and observe the window drop.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: what is the coldest ....