Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004

Good price for new Boxster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011 | 03:15 AM
NMW1982
4th Gear

Default Good price for new Boxster?

Hi Gents,

What is a good price to pay for a new Boxster? I heard 10% off MSRP is a decent deal in the US. Has anyone received a bigger discount than that?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2011 | 02:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by NMW1982
Hi Gents,

What is a good price to pay for a new Boxster? I heard 10% off MSRP is a decent deal in the US. Has anyone received a bigger discount than that?

Thanks!
I've been shopping new Porsches -- just dipping my toe testing the water so to speak -- and my take is dealers aren't too interested in dealing on new cars right now, at least cars in stock.

I enquired about a Cayman R the other dar and a Boxster Black and had the salesman indicated there was some room I might have dipped more than a toe in and bought one of those cars.

Now the salesman did say there were deals to be had on used cars.

So... my advice is to wait until after the new '12 MY cars arrive. Leftover cars ('11 MY car that turn 'one' year old as soon as the '12 MYs arrive) will be offered at a discount.

Discount from new though varies from zero to well thousands. Two cases: I bought a new 02 Boxster in Jan of 02 and bought it for $5K off of sticker.

In April of 09 I bought a new '08 Cayman S and bought it for $12K off of sticker.

Others have done as good and some even better. But it can take some time and patience and work to find these deals.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 09-12-2011 | 02:59 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

When I custom ordered my 2006 Boxster S in the late summer of 2005 I received a little better than a 10% discount. But, this took me to an out of state dealership. The Chicago area dealerships were all pretty arrogant with their pricing. I purchased from White Allen in Dayton, OH. Waited 7 months, and in late March took the long way home, and was 1/2 way through the break-in period when I parked her in the garage.
Old 09-13-2011 | 01:07 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Macster there's a Boxster Black at one of the local dealers here, I can email you details if interested. I know the dealer will negotiate some, not 10% but probably a decent amount. Only problem is shipping cross country will add a few bucks to the purchase
Old 09-14-2011 | 06:27 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

If you are after the absolute lowest price on a new car, and don't subscribe to the important rule in (my) life called "live and let live", you may want to educate yourself here:

http://www.fightingchance.com/

No affiliation whatsoever, but a good idea to be prepared and know what you're leaving on the table once you close on a deal.

JP

Quick Reply: Good price for new Boxster?