Sponsored by:

Parting out 01 s, 52k miles: engine, trans, GAHH top, TechArt, more

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Parting out 01 s, 52k miles: engine, trans, GAHH top, TechArt, more

I dinged up my boxster at the track and have decided to part it out. the driver is perfectly fine. (thanks to the latest and greatest in safety gear in the car)

All parts are coming off a 2001 S, ~52k miles.
Two-owner car; I’ve owned it for 8 years. Immaculate condition, fully serviced / documented – 60k mile service just completed. The car has significant body damage from a collision with a tire wall and is being parted out by owner and local race shop.

Engine: running beautifully; new spark plugs in Oct 2010, K&N drop-in air filter in and new serpentine belt in Sept, all other services performed on time and documented. Never had a CEL or any other indication of issues. Factory updated IMS, under warranty, in 2004. RSS udp installed.

With our without the TechArt V3 Power kit which includes headers, full exhaust, and ECU. This setup adds considerable grunt across the RPM range and provides sonic joy...what I great sounding setup! And the confidence of having one of Porsches best tuners tweaking the car for reliability, drivability, and power.
$5k
I STILL HAVE THE TECHART POWER KIT - ECU AND CATLESS HEADERS FOR $1K (THE MUFFLER WAS BENT, SO IT CAN'T BE USED)

LOCKING LUG NUT SET (4) AND SOCKET - $50
Black Porsche center caps (4) - a little faded - $50

Last edited by fuhrius; 03-06-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: updating status
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

REALLY sorry to hear that
I put my spec boxster into a wall at over 65mph in Las Vegas last month. So I know too well how that feels. Decided to get the frame straightened and repaired for way too much money.

Glad the most important part in that car (driver) was OK!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:44 AM
LammMorada
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could use one rear 18x9.5-inch Turbo Twist wheel if it's not bent and looks presentable. I'm in Stockton, so I could drive over and pick it up.

If you have one, please email me at LammMorada (at) AOL.com.

Thx,

-Mike
Old 11-19-2010, 01:17 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Default no wheels...

for now, a lot of stuff is not listed for sale until we determine that:
a) they're in perfect working order, and b) I'm not going to re-use them.

ccw wheels, spec box suspension, seats / harnesses / etc

thanks. and thanks for the well-wishes.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

fuhrius: Do you have the 2 black plastic air deflectors or what ever they are called under the front bumper in front of the tires?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:30 AM
944J
Banned

im looking for a salvaged boxster to put a body kit on and experiment with... how bad was it?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Default damage / body kit experiment

probably best to email me directly at johnleck@comcast.net

I can get you detailed pics.

the short story is that the frame is slightly bent but there was absolutely no damage to suspension, wheels, brakes, motor, tranny.
the body panels that were damaged include front bumper, left front quarter, left door, left rear quarter, and rear bumper...and front hood...most of the body panels. so the car needs to have the frame straightened...which, on the estimate, is only a $1,200 job...then it needs a bunch of body work and a few more minor fixes to a radiator and air duct in front.

Last edited by fuhrius; 12-05-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: completeness
Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 AM
mattatk
Track Day

Do you have the door lid covers? I am trying to get two that aren't scratched.
Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-09-2010, 04:33 PM
chrisoffroad
3rd Gear

Sorry to hear about your car. I totaled my Z3 a few years back, but it led to me getting my 01 Boxster S so it worked out in the end! Do you still have the immobilizer/ECU out of yours? My immobilizer went for a swim a while back and needs to be replaced. Not sure if I need to get the matching ECU and ignition with it or not (only the immobilizer was damaged). The part number on mine is 996.618.262.01 Thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
chrisoffroad
3rd Gear

Did you ever have any problems with 2nd gear in your 01 Boxster S? Mine doesn't always shift into second properly and I have heard that you need to rebuild the tranny to fix it. Might be easier to just swap it out, but I don't want to get one that could end up with the same problem.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisoffroad
Sorry to hear about your car. I totaled my Z3 a few years back, but it led to me getting my 01 Boxster S so it worked out in the end! Do you still have the immobilizer/ECU out of yours? My immobilizer went for a swim a while back and needs to be replaced. Not sure if I need to get the matching ECU and ignition with it or not (only the immobilizer was damaged). The part number on mine is 996.618.262.01 Thanks!
A bit fuzzy in my memory now -- I did some research into this a few months back and posted on it -- but IIRC you will need the VIN from the donor car that provided the immobilizer/Ecu or security module before you can use these items in your car.

With this info you have to obtain the access codes for these used items.

A dealer's service department almost certainly will be required to make the request for the access codes from the factory and then someone that knows now to use a PST2 and of course has access to one will be needed to use the access codes and do whatever is necessary to configure the used items to work in your car.

But don't rely upon my memory: If you want to source a replacement immobilizer/Ecu or security module before you start out you need to check with a cooperative Porsche dealer service department to know what is needed and if the dealer is willing to help you to make the operation go smoothly.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Default Update

I've updated the list.
thanks for the interest to date.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
chrisoffroad
3rd Gear

I have heard from several people that if you replace the immobilizer, ECU, and remotes (key head) there is no need to have the system re-programmed, as long as the part numbers match. So if possible, I would love to buy the whole set from you if you still have it available.
Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

I need a replacement left ball joint pushrod for the cab top; the plastic sheathed cable with the ball joints you need to remove to pull the top out of the way for engine access. Do you still have yours? My car is an 04; is it the same part?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Default updates to the list are above

thanks.
feel free to email me directly at johnleck@comcast.net

Quick Reply: Parting out 01 s, 52k miles: engine, trans, GAHH top, TechArt, more