PSS9 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:14 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuhrius
Eric,

I appreciate your thoughtful and thorough response. I also share your main perspectives around keeping it simple and not overspending. I'd like a 'set-it-and-forget-it' setup as much as possible. I've been racing mountain bikes for a lot of years and there are so many products with so many adjustments, and I've learned over the years that most of that stuff is a nuisance, not a benefit. My focus in the coming years will be on my driving...I don't want to be doing a bunch of fiddling with suspension settings...knowing that half the time I'll probably be hurting, not helping, the situation.

I'd done tarett camber plates to get more camber (I'm at -1.9) in front...are you using the gt3 control arms to get your add'l camber? and are you running them with stock upper plates? and stock upper in the rear it sounds like...are you using the gt3 arms back there too?
Yeah you can go backwards faster than you can go forward a lot of the times while playing with the adjustments. I have made one sway bar change over the last 3 event weekends, that's it.

I'm using the stock upper mounts front and rear. I have the GT3 "street" control arms on the front and I'm set at almost -3.25 right now. I use the stock control arms in the rear.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 PM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts
Default what bushings did you replace?

Eric,

what bushings did you replace? control arms get replaced with the gt3 arms...what else?

John
Old 09-24-2010, 08:09 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuhrius
Eric,

what bushings did you replace? control arms get replaced with the gt3 arms...what else?

John

I replaced the upper strut mounts front and rear. My stock ones with 130k miles were all cracked up.

The front lower control arms got changed to Gt3. I changed the rear toe arms to the tarett adjustable. I have tarett drop links front and rear...that's it for the suspension.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:35 AM
fuhrius
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 36 Posts
Default and..

Eric,

I just saw your post over on pelican parts about the shifter cable upgrades. I've had the cables pop out of the rear mounts...zip tied back in...and I've had hard shifts / no ability to shift a few times on the track...I'd like to get my hands on some of those upgraded parts if you ever put them into production.

Quick Reply: PSS9 suspension