Sponsored by:

Porsche Crest Missing off Center Cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Porsche Crest Missing off Center Cap

I had new tires mounted yesterday; noticed today after driving about 15 miles that the Porsche crest is missing off one of the hubcaps My car wouldn't fit on the tire shop's lift, so I took the wheels off at home, drove them over, drove them back, and remounted them. I'm *pretty* sure I'd have noticed immediately if the crest was missing as it was right in front of my face, so I'm assuming it fell off as I drove, but it's too much of a coincidence to not be related. Still, I have no proof that they damaged it, so sucks to be me, I guess.

What's the right name/part# for the hubcap, and where's the best place to get it? Can I get just the crest and glue it on?

They're standard 17" Boxster wheels, with colored plastic crest, like this:
Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy one on ebay for a few bucks. just search on center cap for Porsche. There are a lot of different types, but it's easy to differentiate the new plastic from the older ones. If you can't find one reasonably priced, PM me, I may have an extra laying around.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
THXBABE
Instructor

The crest itself is glued into the actual center cap. What you need to buy is the whole center cap.

i had the same problem with 2 different wheels, so I bought a set of 4 caps.

I still have 2 unused center caps if you are interested. Painted centers. My wheels were 18". I don't think that matters, but it might.

Last edited by THXBABE; 03-16-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
EJ_2001_986_S
4th Gear

I just had my wheels off and when I took the center caps out noticed one was getting loose so I re-glued it. Hopefully it'll last a while, the others seemed ok.

Quick Reply: Porsche Crest Missing off Center Cap