Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lamest complaint ever - my clock runs slow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lamest complaint ever - my clock runs slow!

No, really. The clock in our car loses time at an alarming rate. So far it has lost 7 minutes since the time change on Halloween night. So in just over a month.

Weird. Maybe I have been driving too fast and time slowed down. I did have that one spin... but that is another story.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My VW has a similar issue. When I compare it to my XM units clock, it looses about 2-3 minutes per week.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Likely your battery is about to fail.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 AM
LammMorada
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt that it's the battery, because the one in my Boxster S is nearly new. And yes, my Boxster's digital clock loses a couple of minutes a week. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Meanwhile, my VW Jetta clock is spot on. So is my digital Casio wrist watch, which cost $14 five years ago. I think Porsche simply cheaped out on the clock.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank
No, really. The clock in our car loses time at an alarming rate. So far it has lost 7 minutes since the time change on Halloween night. So in just over a month.

Weird. Maybe I have been driving too fast and time slowed down. I did have that one spin... but that is another story.
Clocks in my Porsches keep pretty good time, fortunately, but I have a work-around in case.

A friend of mine with a VW that had a slow clock would buy 3 or 4 of those small digital clocks and test them to see which one kept the best time. He then take this one and mount it in his car -- with double sided sticky tape or the clocks might have come with this already afixed to their backside -- and use digital clock for time instead of the in-dash clock. Because the digital clock was small its presence was inconspicuous.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Lamest complaint ever - my clock runs slow!