Sponsored by:

Tiptronic conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
daking
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiptronic conversion

It's possible to do a tiptronic conversion for a boxster 2.7 manual transmission ?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Conventional wisdom says, it's cheaper to buy a used one with a tip. You would be putting money into a car and wind up with something worth less than you started b/c the numbers no longer match.

Having said that, a recent issue of Excellence details someone who converted his 911 tip to a manual (forget what year). I would read that first, and then imagine how much more complex the process will be due to engine location, then I would go out and buy a used one with the transmission you want :-)

Sorry, I let my own biases inform my reading, I initially thought the OP wanted to go from a tip to a manual, not the other way around. My bad.

Last edited by Asquared; 11-22-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daking
It's possible to do a tiptronic conversion for a boxster 2.7 manual transmission ?
Considering that you have to install a Tip computer, which ties into the DME and who knows what else, I can't imagine how it would be cost effective, even if it's possible - as Asquared said, probably better to just go out and buy/trade for a Tip car.

Quick Reply: Tiptronic conversion