Sponsored by:

Antifreeze leaking from mid section of the car, 99 Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
US928
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antifreeze leaking from mid section of the car, 99 Boxster

I have antifreeze leaking from middle of the car, and i hearing a squeaky belt noise, is this a water pump? if yes, is it a do it yourself or has to go to shop, I'm in Florida and the car is 99 Boxster, thanks. Vic
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
egress91506
Advanced

Sounds like it. If you pull off the engine cover that is right behind the seats, you'll see the water pump and can see if it is leaking. Taking off the front engine cover isn't all that involved (remove the carpet, pull the seats forward and take off about 8 bolts). You can also get a look at the area from below (you'll need to remove one of the undertrays). I replaced the water pump myself. Car needed to be on jack stands to get enough room to work under there (access underneath and from the front engine cover area). It wasn't tough, but awkward. If I remember right, the bolts for the water pump were different lengths, so keep track of what came out of where. Renntech and ppbb.com probably have instructions.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:16 PM
US928
Advanced

Thank You, I will try, so in order to remove the water pump i have to get under the car, Correct?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
egress91506
Advanced

Yup, I remember working on it from above and below. I can't say it was a fun job, but it wasn't difficult. You end up losing some coolant too, so the system needs to be refilled and the bubbles worked out. I just looked on renntech.org and see a how to with pictures. Even if you don't do it yourself, you'll at least know what's involved. Link: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=17285
Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 AM
stahwille
Intermediate

Default Boxster h20 pump

Hey there, not to scare but this is not a job for the timid or the over confident. It requires some tools that fit in tight places (including hands and eyes) Also surface /gasket at engine bloc must be perfect / clean. Yes bolts are specific located as is belt drive . After that all you have to do is refill system w heater on hot , and bleeder on open until system will hold no more of the proper coolant. Good luck . Stahwille
Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
bwoodry
Racer

If you are near Miami , Pedro at Pedros Garage can help. He is the Boxster Expert

Also go to his site or call him ..

www.technolab.com

Quick Reply: Antifreeze leaking from mid section of the car, 99 Boxster